England in the West Indies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially since (as reported) he's bowling well at the moment.

Maybe because Curran is a left armer - would maybe create rough for Ali although Rashid (or Leach if he had played would like rough too).

That's a flimsy excuse though, and it's the same for both sides.....

Unless Broad has a niggle, I just don't get it.

I've been critical of Broad over the last few years, but he was the stand-out bowler in the warm ups.

If Curran has been picked over him, then that is purely on batting. Likewise Rashid over Leach. It's a shame our flaky top order dictates our bowling selection.

Pretty toothless first session, you may be onto something.

Wrong team for me.

Broad deserves to play.

Indeed. Pick your best players, don't pack the team with batsmen because you're scared the top order might fold FFS.

According to Aggers, Broad is missing out because of some rather nasty bug bites in a pretty delicate area :eek:

Jonathan Agnew

BBC cricket correspondent in Barbados

There's an untold story about why Stuart Broad might not be playing.

He's got some bad bed bug bites - in a very sensitive area, which I inspected yesterday on the outfield. He slept with his full whites on, but they seem to have got through his jockstrap. I don't think it has kept him out of the game - that is ridiculous.

But some of the players have been sleeping on mattresses outside their rooms.

:eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: Boo

Jonathan Agnew

He's got some bad bed bug bites - in a very sensitive area, which I inspected yesterday on the outfield. He slept with his full whites on, but they seem to have got through his jockstrap. I don't think it has kept him out of the game - that is ridiculous.

Literally the most West Indies thing in the whole history of West Indies things.:lol:

Reactions: Boo

Jonathan Agnew

Aggers inspecting Broad's sensitive area in the outfield??

According to Aggers, Broad is missing out because of some rather nasty bug bites in a pretty delicate area :eek:

Tbf, he literally says that to suggest this is why he's out is ridiculous.

ECB have seen how we've bowled in that session and have briefed the most pliant journalist with an early excuse perhaps? Broad should be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back