England in the West Indies

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s no better standing back like

The way people went on was insane

Bairstow is a world class keeper batsman

The on my question is would foakes score more runs

Simple

Foakes is the better keeper, no question. Bairstows even admitted it himself. The question is whether the difference in ability is significant enough to play Foakes over other batsmen we have available, and subsequently move Jonny up the order. Personally I agree with you in that I wouldn’t play Foakes due to the knock on effect on the balance of the side, but it’s impossible to argue against Foakes being the better keeper.

Foakes is the better keeper, no question. Bairstows even admitted it himself. The question is whether the difference in ability is significant enough to play Foakes over other batsmen we have available, and subsequently move Jonny up the order. Personally I agree with you in that I wouldn’t play Foakes due to the knock on effect on the balance of the side, but it’s impossible to argue against Foakes being the better keeper.

I also wasn’t keen on the pressure Bairstow put on the young lad Foakes for being in the team...His tantrums suggest he isn’t the ultimate team man he likes people to see him as.

I'm on Bairstow's side in this. I didn't see a problem, I saw one area of the team that was working pretty well. So, to me instead on concentrating on what was working poorly instead of what was good, the fiddlers have fiddled and now there's a problem.

If you wanted Foakes in as a batter, ok do that.

Expend your efforts on nos 1, 2 and 3 and maybe the 3rd/4th bowler. The rest is fine.

Bairstow's been great in the shorter form of the game for the last 12 months, but I can certainly see why people are concerned about his repetitive ability to be bowled at test level. It's not so much an issue to me if you are batting at 5/6, but he'll never be a number 3 unless he eradicates this from his game. FWIW I don't think they'll persist with him at number 3 anyway, but I do have concerns about how he'll fare against Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood this summer, particularly if conditions are bowler friendly at any point.

I'm on Bairstow's side in this. I didn't see a problem, I saw one area of the team that was working pretty well. So, to me instead on concentrating on what was working poorly instead of what was good, the fiddlers have fiddled and now there's a problem.

If you wanted Foakes in as a batter, ok do that.

Expend your efforts on nos 1, 2 and 3 and maybe the 3rd/4th bowler. The rest is fine.

Totally agree like. I'm a big Bairstow fan but he was getting pushed too much because of weaknesses elsewhere

Look how Ali's form with the bat has absolutely nosedived, as has Bairstow's, and Root's average dropped by 10 runs

Even Stokes average went down to 32 when he was batting in the top 5

We had the best 8,7,6 in the world and maybe understandably tried to shift them up but it didn't work in the slightest, our scores as a team went down

I am just amazed people still push for it, it didn't work.

County cricket in England is great, its just about trying more people and other talents, not just moving our best players out of position.

I'd get Vince involved, I think he was slightly unfortunate at times, and he has knuckled down and got some big scores.

Vince and Roy.

Totally agree like. I'm a big Bairstow fan but he was getting pushed too much because of weaknesses elsewhere

Look how Ali's form with the bat has absolutely nosedived, as has Bairstow's, and Root's average dropped by 10 runs

We had the best 8,7,6 in the world and maybe understandably tried to shift them up but it didn't work in the slightest, our scores as a team went down

County cricket in England is great, its just about trying more people and other talents, not just moving our best players out of position.

I'd get Vince involved, I think he was slightly unfortunate at times, and he has knuckled down and got some big scores.

Vince and Roy.
Vince looks great but is always flaky. I think Malan could be the key, still.

Vince and Roy.

Vince always looks decent but when do you draw a line and say he's had enough chances? I can understand the clamour for Roy. Malan was harshly treated in my opinion but if he's picked again then Root needs to move up to 3.

Vince always looks decent but when do you draw a line and say he's had enough chances? I can understand the clamour for Roy. Malan was harshly treated in my opinion but if he's picked again then Root needs to move up to 3.

Malan can't play in England like, he just gets caught on the crease. Won't score runs in these conditions

Its a fair argument about Vince I just think he will get their eventuallty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back