England in the West Indies

Windies are dangerous, decent home record, they've got a good attack, pitches are expected to be lively and they are using duke balls which swing

Should be exciting cricket
Hope so mate. Hope Barbados is lively anyway but they can do what they want with the other two venues ;)Obviously we'll have a grand time anyway but would be slightly pissed off to go all that way for a bore draw

Hope so mate. Hope Barbados is lively anyway but they can do what they want with the other two venues ;)Obviously we'll have a grand time anyway but would be slightly pissed off to go all that way for a bore draw

Think it was their chief executive, said he wanted it to be exciting cricket so fans continue to turn up, the last coach Law wanted flat pitches and not to use Dukes and he overruled them

Want to see results

Think it was their chief executive, said he wanted it to be exciting cricket so fans continue to turn up, the last coach Law wanted flat pitches and not to use Dukes and he overruled them

Want to see results
I don't understand why any team with a half decent pace attack wouldn't want to use Dukes. They're just better than Kookaburras all round, but particularly for swing.

Who knows, maybe the Aussies will consider using them now that the Kookaburras have mysteriously stopped swinging for them.

I don't understand why any team with a half decent pace attack wouldn't want to use Dukes. They're just better than Kookaburras all round, but particularly for swing.

Who knows, maybe the Aussies will consider using them now that the Kookaburras have mysteriously stopped swinging for them.

Not think it evens it up though? If we got to Oz there bowlers are more suit to flat pitches than ours?

Soon as the ball started swinging in Adelaide we bowled them out for nothing

Whilst his home and away records are obviously very different, it’s hard not to feel sorry for Woakes a bit

Average of 30.66 with the bat and 32.94 with the ball. In any other time he would be a top class all rounder

let us one dayer attending lads know which beer shacks are open near the ground will ya?
I think that "Wickets" place is shut down now but I can recall another place on the other side of the road, further away from the ground.

Thanks in Advance

Alistair Cook writing in The Times, covering teh WI tour. Could be an interesting read - has the potential to be another (if less arrogant) Atherton

2009 was horrific. We didn't go after the first session of Day 4. Plenty of other attractions on the island though :cool:

They won the first test in Jamaica then which encouraged the flat pitches though.

One line at the end that basically said nowt at all

Don’t get me wrong, I like Cook. But its hardly going to be hard hitting
Again - written off after 1 article

He might just have an insightful view into the England Team and Root's captaincy
FWIW I thought he made some interesting points about his and Root's leadership and how both evolved

2009 was horrific. We didn't go after the first session of Day 4. Plenty of other attractions on the island though :cool:

They won the first test in Jamaica then which encouraged the flat pitches though.
Aye, tough series. Didn't KP get criticised for holing out going for his hundred?

He might just have an insightful view into the England Team and Root's captaincy
FWIW I thought he made some interesting points about his and Root's leadership and how both evolved

Aye, tough series. Didn't KP get criticised for holing out going for his hundred?

He got a hundred on Day 5 that no one gave a monkeys about.

I remember him scoring 94 against South Africa in 08 when he tried to hit their spinner for 6, might be that one?

Oh no. I had an opinion. Shoot me

Not at all. I commented on this article

I like Cook, but he’s already said he won’t criticise Anderson.

He hasn't like, was a good column in the Sunday Times, looking forward to hearing him

I'd rather listen to considered view that tabloid bullshit from Vaughan and Warne etc.

Thought it was a good column meself, most of the pundits at the min have been out of the game for over a decade, so be good to have a modern view

Back