England in the West Indies

Jennings making another solid score, promising.
He had two goes …. not many runs but the reports say he looked like he was moving well and in his second go he was there for 50 balls and was not out at the end, a good practise from him.

He had two goes …. not many runs but the reports say he looked like he was moving well and in his second go he was there for 50 balls and was not out at the end, a good practise from him.

I don't think he will make the Ashes squad, just a gut feeling.

I don't think he will make the Ashes squad, just a gut feeling.
I know what you mean. I don't think he should but I comes down to the same old question ….. if not him then who? Maybe someone emerges from the Counties this season, which will be too late of course...

I know what you mean. I don't think he should but I comes down to the same old question ….. if not him then who? Maybe someone emerges from the Counties this season, which will be too late of course...

The benefit of a late Ashes series means a few people could possibly throw their hat into the ring though?

Interesting things noted, Curran took the new ball ahead of Broad and Leach player ahead of Rashid and was used as the main spinner

We don't need 4 seamers in these conditions like, Stokes 3rd seamer, Leach main spinner with Ali as attacking spinner

Think that is way to go

Stone out of the tour with a stress fracture of his back, that lad doesn't have much luck with injuries. A replacement will be named, I reckon they'll go for Tom Curran if they go like for like.

Stone out of the tour with a stress fracture of his back, that lad doesn't have much luck with injuries. A replacement will be named, I reckon they'll go for Tom Curran if they go like for like.
Fast bowler with back issues... never?!

How come genuine fast bowlers these days bodies are made of twiglets?.

Broad took a hat trick plus a fourth wicket in an over

I’m going for an England series win and would not be shocked at 3-0

Basically a 100 for bairstow today

Low score again for Jennings

Ali can’t buy a run

Some tricky decisions for Root like for his XI. 50 for Rashid and runs for woakes and Curran

Curran took new ball but broad also looked excellent

If we play both then we only 1 spinner which don’t seem right to me

What are the pitches like over there these days? Seem to have less pace in them and take a bit more spin?
That said, don't expect England to go in with more than 1 spinner unless Ali can justify his place in the top 6 on his batting alone
What do we think?
Jennings, Burns, Bairstow, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Woakes, Woakes, Rashid, Curran, Anderson

What are the pitches like over there these days? Seem to have less pace in them and take a bit more spin?
That said, don't expect England to go in with more than 1 spinner unless Ali can justify his place in the top 6 on his batting alone
What do we think?
Jennings, Burns, Bairstow, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Woakes, Woakes, Rashid, Curran, Anderson
Drop woakes for foakes but they are both decent blokes the woakes twins so not sure which woakes I would drop for foakes. Maybe play all three and drop stokes

Back