Ellis Short

Status
Not open for further replies.

The bloke ploughed millions into this club. His recruitment was horrendous but the intentions were there to succeed
Not in the Championship though, he allowed us to slide into league one. Hands off approach and starved the managers of the cash needed to prevent relegation.

Not in the Championship though, he allowed us to slide into league one. Hands off approach and starved the managers of the cash needed to prevent relegation.
Look at the shower of shit Moyes lumbered us with with the money at his disposal. A decent manager could have saved us from L1

Escaping a lot of criticism in this shit show.
Left us years and years away from the top league. Sold us to amateurs. But he cleaned up his own mess financially so all good eh.

I’ve said this all along and strangely enough was thinking about it this morning. Staggered at how he gets off so lightly for wiping off debt that he created in the first place and that was the catalyst for where we find ourselves now. And given the shadiness of the deal that allowed these lot to takeover, Short must have known they didn’t have a pot to piss in.

I 100% believe he thought every decision he made was for the best of the club. He was let down heavily by recruitment. In typical Sunderland/general football fan fickleness, everyone thought the grass could only be greener with him gone. His second biggest mistake was not investing to get us back in the Premier League like Ashley did for Newcastle to protect his investment. Think he'd had enough of paying Jack Rodwell £70k a week for doing fuck all.

Fancied a swing of the bat at the start because a few US billionaires had a premier league club toy themselves. It was the in thing to have.

You've just got to look at his board level appointments to then question if he ever took us seriously?.....looking back, I dont think he ever did.

He'll always be a complete and utter bastard for what he done in the chmapionship in my opinion.

"He spent money"? Yeah and nearly bankrupted the club in the process. Nevermind, Alvarez, Di Canio, De Fanti, Congerton, Johnson, Byrne, Moyes, Rodwell and all the rest who took the piss, he wore an FTM badge and paid a big tip in a curry house so all seems to be forgiven

He funded the longest run in the top-flight in my lifetime.
Whatever you think of him, I doubt I’ll ever see such a run again.

He funded the longest run in the top-flight in my lifetime.
Whatever you think of him, I doubt I’ll ever see such a run again.
And wasn't it fun; defeat after defeat mainly with very little relief. Any time it looked like improving there was a bad decision imminent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back