Ellis Short

Your question seems to be would I rather be in Div 2/3 with Short or Donald man:lol:

Built on sand agreed but we had 10 years in the Premier, with hindsight none of us would have wanted it to end this way but at least we had 10 years so, would u rather we had not been in the Premier for 10 years and been scratching around in div 2 or 3 in that time. Stupid question really but as Chrissy would say ‘its is what it is’

Built on sand agreed but we had 10 years in the Premier, with hindsight none of us would have wanted it to end this way but at least we had 10 years so, would u rather we had not been in the Premier for 10 years and been scratching around in div 2 or 3 in that time. Stupid question really but as Chrissy would say ‘its is what it is’
He took over when we were in the Premier though and had all the foundations he needed surely--if managed wisely with half decent appointments as above!
Still don't see the question You wanted answering?

He took over when we were in the Premier though and had all the foundations he needed surely--if managed wisely with half decent appointments as above!

OMG you are a politician ))) never mind have a good day marra

yes, we all know Short made awful decisions but he tried his best

This for me is his biggest crime.
No effective scouting and recruitment policy because there was no consistent playing philosophy leading to a legacy of decline.
Compare this with Southampton, Liebherr and Cortese. This is how it could and should have been done under Short.
I would have swapped ALL of that decade in the top flight to build a club with a sustainable future. Look at what we have become.

We will never become what we should be until someone with nous runs us. Nous and determination, not brass, and not soft soap.

Also gave us 10 years in the best league in the world

Does that make the current situation worth it then? Getting pezzled most weeks whilst simultaneously racking up tens of millions of debt before he lost interest and we end up with back to back relegations? He’s as much to blame as anyone for the mess we are in.

He squandered (literally) the chance of a lifetime. For such a successful individual, his personnel choices were bewildering and i am yet to be convinced that he isn't still involved somewhere, given the type of people who are currently in place.

We forced him out according to the resident berk internet non fan on here.

But back on point despite the money he ploughed in he made several bad business and appointments,not just on the football side.

Perhaps we need to hear his version of events on why he sold to the chancers.

He didn’t give the club anywhere near enough of his attention. Being such a successful businessman he should’ve known that he’d have to keep a closer eye on things because we were scraping by year after year but clearly didn’t. He gave Ryan Sachs an important role as work experience. The moral issues regarding Di Canio and particularly Johnson were handled appallingly. All of this “he put loads of money in”, doesn’t cover it for me, he’s still a very rich man. Our club’s at its lowest ebb and it’ll most probably take a long time to get back to the top flight. Comparisons with the current mob don’t do anyone any favours, they’re all shite.

We forced him out according to the resident berk internet non fan on here.

But back on point despite the money he ploughed in he made several bad business and appointments,not just on the football side.

Perhaps we need to hear his version of events on why he sold to the chancers.
Well had he attended games he would have known short got very little to no stick at matches.

Well had he attended games he would have known short got very little to no stick at matches.

He didn’t get any at all certainly not while we were in the Premier League. Only when it looked we were going down again that fans became vocal, should’ve been sooner really with hindsight.

He didn’t get any at all certainly not while we were in the Premier League. Only when it looked we were going down again that fans became vocal, should’ve been sooner really with hindsight.
I didn't attend the last championship season so I can't comment, but the last in the premier league he got none, well none where I sat anyway.

I didn't attend the last championship season so I can't comment, but the last in the premier league he got none, well none where I sat anyway.

We’d been living a charmed life for years so there was air of inevitability about it. To be fair to Short most thought Moyes was a safe pair of hands. He got away lightly from the media when he’s massively to blame too.

Nah the foundations were already fucked. He took us over with tens of millions of debt ran up by Drumaville with no structure or good practices in place. He then allowed Quinn to continue in a similar vein up to the point where £100m of debt had been run up. Then he started to intervene - and things continued to fail. He didn't fuck up a successful club. He did add to a problem that was gonna see us go only one way, though. His money kept the wolf from the door - but our eventual relegation was inevitable even if Drumaville had stayed in place.

You saying we were cabbaged like

Nah the foundations were already fucked. He took us over with tens of millions of debt ran up by Drumaville with no structure or good practices in place. He then allowed Quinn to continue in a similar vein up to the point where £100m of debt had been run up. Then he started to intervene - and things continued to fail. He didn't fuck up a successful club. He did add to a problem that was gonna see us go only one way, though. His money kept the wolf from the door - but our eventual relegation was inevitable even if Drumaville had stayed in place.

Back