Ellis Short

The bloke ploughed millions into this club. His recruitment was horrendous but the intentions were there to succeed

Ellis let the club rot on the vine tho culturally...

One of the only things Methven has stated accurately, I think, was how the work culture at the club was basically go thru the motions and send the Florida billionaire owner the bill.

Ellis let that culture take root by getting almost every hire wrong and failing to see this happening / or was incapable of doing anything productive to change it...and as outsiders looking in, it now makes sense that if that is the business culture, the same would filter down through the players as well. It's failure on a massive organizational level and the lynch pin in the demise of the club.

Changing corporate culture is no small undertaking and it usually takes years and is easy to bungle without the right people setting the vision, plan and effectively engaging employees to change the boat's direction and all row in unison. Admitting you have a problem is the first step, so we have that.

But Charlie is far from the visionary needed for the job, since he's a liar, a massive prick, and must be miserable to work for.

You need a brand builder with vision that's half cheerleader and half tough love drill sergeant, that your staff respects and understands and accepts their vision and takes on their own responsibility to change things for the good willingly and with pride.

Chest-puffing Charlie-the-prick falls well short of that mark, sadly.

Escaping a lot of criticism in this shit show.
Left us years and years away from the top league. Sold us to amateurs. But he cleaned up his own mess financially so all good eh.
It seems Short was as adept in picking new buyers as he was in appointing new managers during his tenure at Sunderland.

Pumped an absolute fortune into the club. Sadly didn’t know a lot about running a football club and appointed bad people to do the job for him. Felt a bit sorry for him to be honest.Clearly he got sick of just throwing money down the drain in the end. At least when he changed managers he didn’t just go for the cheapest out there. I remember when he was here we would get linked with players I genuinely got a bit excited at the prospect of signing. Different world to were we are now. Wrote our debt off and came and watched us at Wembley in his spare time so obviously cares a little bit about us unlike these two wankers. I’ve no problem with him at all

If by cleaning up his mess financially you mean losing hundreds of millions of pounds then sure.

Gave it a good go but managed it terribley, I'll always be grateful for the money he spent on us.

Because of him I got to see these players in a Sunderland shirt: Cisse, Steed, Zenden, Bent, Defoe, Mensah, Gyan, Sessegnon, AJ, Rose, M'Vila etc, plus 6 consecutive derby wins.
A lot of poor decisions, but he invested a lot of money in the club. Too bad it didn't work out.
Unfortunately I can't forgive him for not trying to get us out of this league and trusting these idiots to run Sunderland.

Left us years and years away from the top league. Sold us to amateurs. But he cleaned up his own mess financially so all good eh.
Hmmm....
Hmmm....

Ellis Short is guilty only of entrusting our club to charlatans like Margaret Byrne and people of her ilk. SNQ should have stayed and help guide him. He put the money in but the pigs snouts were in a feeding frenzy. I don't know what to say about these twocunts.

Pumped an absolute fortune into the club. Sadly didn’t know a lot about running a football club and appointed bad people to do the job for him. Felt a bit sorry for him to be honest.Clearly he got sick of just throwing money down the drain in the end. At least when he changed managers he didn’t just go for the cheapest out there. I remember when he was here we would get linked with players I genuinely got a bit excited at the prospect of signing. Different world to were we are now. Wrote our debt off and came and watched us at Wembley in his spare time so obviously cares a little bit about us unlike these two wankers. I’ve no problem with him at all
Those final two years were desolate times. He clearly did 'get sick' of it all, but the drying up of funds impacted badly on us.

Back