Elite Dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top tip: buy a fuel scoop. :cool:
After starting all over again on PC, I'M sick and tired of doing rare goods runs. I'm up to 2m credits, but desperate to get an AspEx to go out exploring. You have any tips Jim? I'm in a Cobra Mk 3, but need to make as much money as possible, as quickly as possible....

BTW, need to add you on steam or whatever, what should I search?

Said this before but Google sidewinder to anaconda.
His route is all well and good, but since update it doesn't work so well.

After starting all over again on PC, I'M sick and tired of doing rare goods runs. I'm up to 2m credits, but desperate to get an AspEx to go out exploring. You have any tips Jim? I'm in a Cobra Mk 3, but need to make as much money as possible, as quickly as possible.....

Fast money just do what was mentioned earlier. No cargo and equip your ship for fighting (Vulture is class for this). Then go to a high resource zone (usually in rings around planets) and within no time pirates will start scanning you and fighting others. Just make sure you get some shots in on them and you get bounties (Easy to kill anything that appears in a Vulture). Within no time with the fighting the cops will zone in and try to keep the peace which means you will always have a boat load of help with anything that zones in.

I've found a class place but cannot remember the name. It has a space station literally 10 seconds away from a planetary ring with high res zones so you can quickly zip out and bank your cash (or repair/refuel) and then back into it.

Rack the cash up like crazy and pretty safe. Not seen another player in there yet either.

Lost 8m credits worth of exploration data because I didn't slow down in time trying to land on a planet. Devastated.

Lost 8m credits worth of exploration data because I didn't slow down in time trying to land on a planet. Devastated.
Done that too. High G moon but I hadn't noticed that. What I did notice was that I was decending at 700kph. I was puzzling over the speed when I glanced at my altitude. PANIC!!!!! Tried pulling up but... SPLAT!

22M to re-buy the Corvette. :)

Done that too. High G moon but I hadn't noticed that. What I did notice was that I was decending at 700kph. I was puzzling over the speed when I glanced at my altitude. PANIC!!!!! Tried pulling up but... SPLAT!

22M to re-buy the Corvette. :)
It ruined me. I was nearly in tears.

I'm.just finishing off an exploration trip on the Xbone and then going to play it exclusively PC. Looks so much better.

Had a nightmare returning to the bubble from Barnard's loop. Loads of whole sectors permit locked

Got back home (Cleve Hub in Erevate) and sold all my data from a 8 week trip. Made around 6mil, and also have my name on 2 while systems as 'first discovered by' :cool:

Was looking to fit a new fuel scoop to my AspEx but it's nigh on 30mil! :eek: I'm up to just short of 60mil, gona go out again and get my exploring rank up to Elite (hopefully), before coming back and doing some missions/trading and save for an Anaconda.

Last edited:
Just got this the other day on XB1 after I got a Xbox gift card for Xmas.

Did the tutorial thing and then started a game. Didn't have a clue what to do and sat in space for 10 minutes then turned it off. :lol:

Just got this the other day on XB1 after I got a Xbox gift card for Xmas.

Did the tutorial thing and then started a game. Didn't have a clue what to do and sat in space for 10 minutes then turned it off. :lol:
It's all about to kick off. You've bought it at the right time. Alien first contact a week ago.....

Any guides on what I should be doing? Had an hour or so on it last night and did a couple of missions taking some data to another system or something, I know it's more or less do what you want but there's nothing in the game that I've seen that says do this or do that.

Any guides on what I should be doing? Had an hour or so on it last night and did a couple of missions taking some data to another system or something, I know it's more or less do what you want but there's nothing in the game that I've seen that says do this or do that.
This.
I got it a couple of weeks ago but had to turn it off before I punched the screen because trying land annoyed me so much, and the woman kept taking the piss out of me.
I think I've cracked it now, although I started a game and the bastards shot me down for landing too slow :evil::lol:
I've done a few data missions but it takes fecking ages for a few thousands creds. I did a bounty mission which was easy enough for 50,000.
So much to try and work out what to do so an eedjet guide would be brilliant.

This.
I got it a couple of weeks ago but had to turn it off before I punched the screen because trying land annoyed me so much, and the woman kept taking the piss out of me.
I think I've cracked it now, although I started a game and the bastards shot me down for landing too slow :evil::lol:
I've done a few data missions but it takes fecking ages for a few thousands creds. I did a bounty mission which was easy enough for 50,000.
So much to try and work out what to do so an eedjet guide would be brilliant.

I found this guide on IGN, I'm going to have a look through it at work this morning, finish at 12 so going to sit in my underpants all afternoon on it http://uk.ign.com/wikis/elite-dangerous/Starter_Guide

Also reading this, which seems more helpful https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/02/elite-dangerous-guide/

Last edited:
I found this guide on IGN, I'm going to have a look through it at work this morning, finish at 12 so going to sit in my underpants all afternoon on it http://uk.ign.com/wikis/elite-dangerous/Starter_Guide

Also reading this, which seems more helpful https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/02/elite-dangerous-guide/
Looks just what I need mate thank you.
Problem is that Steam keep having sales so I've got dozens of games to play :neutral::lol:
Going to have a day on this on Sunday using those guides. Thank you.

Looks just what I need mate thank you.
Problem is that Steam keep having sales so I've got dozens of games to play :neutral::lol:
Going to have a day on this on Sunday using those guides. Thank you.
No bother mate, like I said I'll be on this all afternoon today. I used to play Eve and loved that and X Beyond the Frontier years ago so this is right up my street, I'm a bit young for Elite the first time around though.

No bother mate, like I said I'll be on this all afternoon today. I used to play Eve and loved that and X Beyond the Frontier years ago so this is right up my street, I'm a bit young for Elite the first time around though.
Have you seen Star Citizen... in development at the moment? You can play the Alpha now if you want too...

The best thing to do to start is farm Nav beacons. Work to about 500k and buy a cobra. Do more Nav beacons till u have enough for a type 6 transport and then do the Lave - wutchhaul rare trade route for a while.

From there, do whatever you please. I recommend exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back