Elite Dangerous

M

MorNando

Anyone play this? Lad at work convinced me to buy it and buy a 150 quid flight stick, throttle and head tracker. I played it for 10 minutes and it seems excellent. Just seeing if we have any other space nerds on board?

This is me next week! -

Last edited by a moderator:

The Oculus Rift and voice commands combined with this looks amazing.
It does! Definitely getting an Oculus when it hits release. It was made for games like this :D

Looks boring if I'm honest.
Depends what you are in to I suppose. I like the idea of flying round galaxies in a realistic sim, shooting things and trading.

Its just different from the mainstream games that I have played to death.

It does! Definitely getting an Oculus when it hits release. It was made for games like this :D

Depends what you are in to I suppose. I like the idea of flying round galaxies in a realistic sim, shooting things and trading.

Its just different from the mainstream games that I have played to death.

I would probably say it would be class if it was in like a virual thing with them glasses things on

head tracking is absolutely stupid imo. you have to turn your head but you are keeping your eyes fixed on the screen, totally un-natural and uncomfortable.

every time ive seen this game played its the exact same screen. what are people doing other than flying about in a vast empty space?

head tracking is absolutely stupid imo. you have to turn your head but you are keeping your eyes fixed on the screen, totally un-natural and uncomfortable.

every time ive seen this game played its the exact same screen. what are people doing other than flying about in a vast empty space?

I am playing it on a 4k 50 inch screen in 3D so hopefully the head tracking will be better than that :)

You can go on bounty hunts, explore galaxies and go on cargo trading missions so there is more to it than flying around in an empty space.

I got it. Enjoying it so far. Done a bit mining, some pirating and some bounty hunting. Just trying to earn a bit cash so can buy a Cobra mk III. Bought it twice but didn't have enough cash for any upgrades and after crashing it into a space station I didn't have much leeway for insurance so traded down again back into my Viper.

Loving it so far. Tho I can see it getting a bit repetative till they add more stuff in. But not rushing it like some others so taking me ages to earn cash to upgrade my ship.

For those who don't know they add stuff to it all the time and are eventually making it so you can mooch around in your ship, space stations and even land on planets. There are also events taking place all the time, like the git big fights with all the motherships and fighters bombing about which you can get involved in. Plus new ships and whatever else they have planned.

This fella is worth a watch to see what it's all about - https://www.youtube.com/user/Isinona

I got it. Enjoying it so far. Done a bit mining, some pirating and some bounty hunting. Just trying to earn a bit cash so can buy a Cobra mk III. Bought it twice but didn't have enough cash for any upgrades and after crashing it into a space station I didn't have much leeway for insurance so traded down again back into my Viper.

Loving it so far. Tho I can see it getting a bit repetative till they add more stuff in. But not rushing it like some others so taking me ages to earn cash to upgrade my ship.

For those who don't know they add stuff to it all the time and are eventually making it so you can mooch around in your ship, space stations and even land on planets. There are also events taking place all the time, like the git big fights with all the motherships and fighters bombing about which you can get involved in. Plus new ships and whatever else they have planned.

This fella is worth a watch to see what it's all about - https://www.youtube.com/user/Isinona
that sounds more interesting. hope it comes to consoles soon.

For those of us who grew up with the original Elite this looks absolutely fantastic! I'm downloading it come payday and then I may save a few pennies for the Rift DK2 (apparently you only have to tick a little box on the website saying its for game development purposes and it's yours for £230.) :cool:

Boss man at the tattoo shop downloaded this last week. He spent weeks and weeks on the first one back in the day, even had a whiteboard on his office wall with the office 'Elite Leaderboard' on it. Safe to say he loved the original. He loves the new one now, and as soon as he's finished a tattoo he's back on it, starting his next tattoo late because he's just got to land his ship or whatever you do on it.

So I reckon you'll like it.

I had a good go of it last night and it is going to take me a good few days to get used to it.

I wish the tutorials had voice overs rather than just text in the top right because it isn't always self explanatory. There are a few buttons I need to map too but overall this game is definitely my cup of tea :D

I had a good go of it last night and it is going to take me a good few days to get used to it.

I wish the tutorials had voice overs rather than just text in the top right because it isn't always self explanatory. There are a few buttons I need to map too but overall this game is definitely my cup of tea :D

Been mining a bit and made enough dosh to get me my Cobra with a few upgrades. But now, bit bored. Dunno what else to do. I go out bounty hunting a bit but getting a bit repetitive. Bigger ships are way out of my league as don't play it enough at the mo.

Was thinking of grabbing a fuel scoop and just going out as far as I could, but I don't get much time on it to just do that without much fun.

NOT f***ing HAPPY!

Downloaded the loader. It gives me the option of loading the training or the full version. So I download the training. Then I try to download the full.

NOPE!

Go to the FAQ and it says uninstall the trainer.

DOESN'T f***ing SAY HOW TO UNINSTALL THE f***ing TRAINER!

i'M NOT A HAPPY f***ing BUNNY RIGHT NOW.

NOT f***ing HAPPY!

Downloaded the loader. It gives me the option of loading the training or the full version. So I download the training. Then I try to download the full.

NOPE!

:lol:

NOT f***ing HAPPY!

NOPE!

Uninstall the whole thing from your program manager, then reinstall the launcher. Then install Elite Dangerous, not single player combat training.

Bobs your uncle.

Got it all working. Thanks for the advice lads.

Now to the f***ing useless gameplay... you head off in one direction with a full load of fuel, but there's nowhere to refuel at the star you arrive at. So you soldier on to the next star... and there's nowhere to refuel. So you go on to the next star... and there's nowhere to refuel. So you think I'll backtrack... but you haven't got enough fuel to do that. You think you've saved and exited at the first star but when you shut the programme down using task manager and start it up again the friggin server saved you in the middle of nowhere with no f***ing fuel and you have to start from scratch again!

This is the most flawed reworking of a classic I have ever seen! :evil:

Got it all working. Thanks for the advice lads.

Now to the f***ing useless gameplay... you head off in one direction with a full load of fuel, but there's nowhere to refuel at the star you arrive at. So you soldier on to the next star... and there's nowhere to refuel. So you go on to the next star... and there's nowhere to refuel. So you think I'll backtrack... but you haven't got enough fuel to do that. You think you've saved and exited at the first star but when you shut the programme down using task manager and start it up again the friggin server saved you in the middle of nowhere with no f***ing fuel and you have to start from scratch again!

This is the most flawed reworking of a classic I have ever seen! :evil:

:lol:

Search for planets if you have not got the schematics of that bit of space you are flying through.

And if you wanna fuel up from stars then just buy a fuel scoop.

Mind ive ran out of fuel once myself and had to self destruct to get back to civilisation (you do know you can do this right without restarting?)

Back