Elite Dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sothis-Ceos run is fucked. As are most Haulage missions. It's all about passengers now.

Not that I care. Out of the bubble and finding new shit. Neutron star pretty much wiped me out when I got caught in its tail earlier. Found my first black hole, and claimed my first finder. A small moon untracked around a gas Giant that has my tag on it. Proud as punch.

Sothis-Ceos run is fucked. As are most Haulage missions. It's all about passengers now.

Not that I care. Out of the bubble and finding new shit. Neutron star pretty much wiped me out when I got caught in its tail earlier. Found my first black hole, and claimed my first finder. A small moon untracked around a gas Giant that has my tag on it. Proud as punch.
I' m impressed! Only time I've been out of the bubble is doing the Robigo run. I'd love to get a finder's tag on something.

ATM an AspEx, my combat ship is a Vulture, I've also got a Keelback, Type 6 and a fully kitted Type 7 for hauling.

I'm sat on 50m and looking for a new option, so any tips will be appreciated marra.

Thinking Python or FDL
I'd go with the Python. I loved mine just for its versatility.

It's put me off that it only has 2 hard points if I'm honest, I'm enjoying exploring, but love trading, thinking of just saving for an Annie. Did you run a Python?
Yes, tbh I've had most shjp types but the ones I loved the best were Cobra Mk3, AspX, Python, Anaconda and my current one the Corvette.

Yes, tbh I've had most shjp types but the ones I loved the best were Cobra Mk3, AspX, Python, Anaconda and my current one the Corvette.
Python load out? My goal is a Corvette like, so if you could help me from here I'll buy you a drink. Or ten.

Python load out? My goal is a Corvette like, so if you could help me from here I'll buy you a drink. Or ten.
Having trouble ranking up since update, and I get bored of bounty hunting non stop.

The game is locked to FPV view right? No 3PV?.

Anyway, I'm not doing so well, the game could do with some linear playstyle, at least for the first 10 or so sessions. Because there are no missions to guide you to the different systems you have.
Mining/Haulage/Passengers and then eventually....fighting. There is no guidance to introduce you to the different aspects of their game. I'm getting a bit better at using the 1 key and docking etc and i'm well aware of the tutorials that are out their but a new gamer such as myself needs his hand held. I want missions!Go there, do this, that will teach you how to do such and such and you learn about blah blah at the same time.
Then introduce the systems of the ship, then exploring etc which is what the gamer needs! Now, i'm out of fuel because I was trying to travel to other systems to buy some bloody coffee to sell for 20k! So that's not very cool is it? I went to the other systems fine enough, only to get there and there is not one single station to dock at! Nothing, wasted trip. I need to be 20lyrs away from the the place I took on the mission. So, that's what I did!
UNEXPLORED - right , i'm looking at the "unexplored" thing. It's a star or whatever....EXPLORE IT THEN. Where is the button for that?
WTF is a new player to do in this vast universe for the 1st 20 or so hours gameplay?
I can't even kill my character and start again.
This game has an awful learning curve, is directionless, does not assist new gamers other than the in-game tutorials on flying.docking and fighting.

When I can be arsed, and have the free time. I'll do their work for them and read these tutorials etc but I need one that says HOW TO PLAY THIS GAME.

Anyway, I'm not doing so well, the game could do with some linear playstyle, at least for the first 10 or so sessions. Because there are no missions to guide you to the different systems you have.
Mining/Haulage/Passengers and then eventually....fighting. There is no guidance to introduce you to the different aspects of their game. I'm getting a bit better at using the 1 key and docking etc and i'm well aware of the tutorials that are out their but a new gamer such as myself needs his hand held. I want missions!Go there, do this, that will teach you how to do such and such and you learn about blah blah at the same time.
Then introduce the systems of the ship, then exploring etc which is what the gamer needs! Now, i'm out of fuel because I was trying to travel to other systems to buy some bloody coffee to sell for 20k! So that's not very cool is it? I went to the other systems fine enough, only to get there and there is not one single station to dock at! Nothing, wasted trip. I need to be 20lyrs away from the the place I took on the mission. So, that's what I did!
UNEXPLORED - right , i'm looking at the "unexplored" thing. It's a star or whatever....EXPLORE IT THEN. Where is the button for that?
WTF is a new player to do in this vast universe for the 1st 20 or so hours gameplay?
This game has an awful learning curve, is directionless, does not assist new gamers other than the in-game tutorials on flying.docking and fighting.

When I can be arsed, and have the free time. I'll do their work for them and read these tutorials etc but I need one that says HOW TO PLAY THIS GAME.
Given the fuel rats a call.

Then read, learn, watch some YouTube videos about the game

:D:D:D
Go back and read my posts on page 1 of this thread.

I feel your pain. :D

Right I've had this game since Xmas and I'm f***ing shite at it.

I've mastered flying around different places but I can't dock for shit and I don't know how to generate money is there any basic hints I should follow for a beginner !

Right I've had this game since Xmas and I'm f***ing shite at it.

I've mastered flying around different places but I can't dock for shit and I don't know how to generate money is there any basic hints I should follow for a beginner !
Buy a docking computer.

Easy way to generate cash: fly to a HiRES (make sure you're not carrying any cargo!) and wait for the cops to start kicking the shit out of a pirate. When his shields drop below 10% open fire on the pirate and you get the bounty.

Buy a docking computer.

Easy way to generate cash: fly to a HiRES (make sure you're not carrying any cargo!) and wait for the cops to start kicking the shit out of a pirate. When his shields drop below 10% open fire on the pirate and you get the bounty.

Cheers I'll be giving that a go like !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back