Elite Dangerous

Just over half way to Colonia, and dropped off my exploration data at Sacquawa Station (In the Skauda nebula). Made 14 mil and I'm officially the first finder of 12 while systems - one that includes an ELY and another that includes a black hole. Stars are starting to look a lot denser together now as I come up to the nebula fields. Going to stop off at Jacques, swing over to Sag A and then make my way back to the bubble (I've heard mission bounties are fixed now?). So lonely out here, I may be going a bit nuts! :lol:

I'm playing this most nights when I'm half asleep. I just can't find anything to do!
I got myself a few rares and googled somewhere fairly close to sell them but I can't fly anywhere. I only have 16t in my cargo rack but my route planner thing wont link me to the station I want to go to.
So I sold them and tried to mine but I can't fit any drone things in to prospect or collect. I think it was an asp I bought?
I'm desperately trying to enjoy the game but failing miserably :cry::lol:

I'm playing this most nights when I'm half asleep. I just can't find anything to do!
I got myself a few rares and googled somewhere fairly close to sell them but I can't fly anywhere. I only have 16t in my cargo rack but my route planner thing wont link me to the station I want to go to.
So I sold them and tried to mine but I can't fit any drone things in to prospect or collect. I think it was an asp I bought?
I'm desperately trying to enjoy the game but failing miserably :cry::lol:
If you're trading rares you have to take them around 160ly from where you bought them to maximise the profit.

If you're trading rares you have to take them around 160ly from where you bought them to maximise the profit.
I can't even get to the next system. I'm an impatient bassa and turn it off after 15 minutes trying :oops::lol:
I found a trading thing online but it's useless since I can't fly anywhere. Thought I'd bought a decent ship too.
I miss the simplicity of space invaders tbh.

I can't even get to the next system. I'm an impatient bassa and turn it off after 15 minutes trying :oops::lol:
I found a trading thing online but it's useless since I can't fly anywhere. Thought I'd bought a decent ship too.
By the sounds of it you need a new frame shift drive - this is how far you can travel in hyper (witch) space. For example, my Asp can jump 35LY per jump....

That's not me being a pedant or anything mind, figured that's what you were speaking of?

There are videos that will talk you through how to jump to new systems etc. It's pretty easy. Plot the route and then in your radar you will see a white circle. Line your ship up with it and hit your frameshift drive (have to be away from stations etc. in order for it to work). This will then warp you to your new system.

p.s. Make sure you have plenty of fuel (or plot station stops or fit yourself with a fuel scoop) or you will get stranded.

Mining is pretty easy (but boring). Fit your ship with mining lasers and a refinery and go shoot at some asteroids (find them in the rings around planets). Bits will drop off and you scan them. If they are valuable open your cargo scoop and slowly go over the top of them. Your radar will change to a cursor showing the cargo for you to line up with. Once you have x amount of bits (is it 10?) you can then use your refinery to make them into sellable chunks. This is how I made my first bit of money, boring but easy. Pirates are a fkn pain tho, so I used to fly into random rings where nobody would be to mine. You then have the journey back to the station with your loot and pirates to contend with..

I've been doing this. Not been able to have massive sessions but had a few loops around that Witch Haul route, got a Cobra Mk3 fitted out to jump about 20LY and carrying 52 T of cargo, makes about 4-500k per run and up to about 3-4 million or so. I'm going to have a bit of a play this afternoon and maybe get a bigger ship. Not sure what to upgrade to though, I fancy a doing a bit of exploring.

I've been doing this. Not been able to have massive sessions but had a few loops around that Witch Haul route, got a Cobra Mk3 fitted out to jump about 20LY and carrying 52 T of cargo, makes about 4-500k per run and up to about 3-4 million or so. I'm going to have a bit of a play this afternoon and maybe get a bigger ship. Not sure what to upgrade to though, I fancy a doing a bit of exploring.
If you want to explore get an AspX and fit it with a fuel scoop and an advanced scanner.

By the sounds of it you need a new frame shift drive - this is how far you can travel in hyper (witch) space. For example, my Asp can jump 35LY per jump....

That's not me being a pedant or anything mind, figured that's what you were speaking of?
There are videos that will talk you through how to jump to new systems etc. It's pretty easy. Plot the route and then in your radar you will see a white circle. Line your ship up with it and hit your frameshift drive (have to be away from stations etc. in order for it to work). This will then warp you to your new system.

p.s. Make sure you have plenty of fuel (or plot station stops or fit yourself with a fuel scoop) or you will get stranded.

Mining is pretty easy (but boring). Fit your ship with mining lasers and a refinery and go shoot at some asteroids (find them in the rings around planets). Bits will drop off and you scan them. If they are valuable open your cargo scoop and slowly go over the top of them. Your radar will change to a cursor showing the cargo for you to line up with. Once you have x amount of bits (is it 10?) you can then use your refinery to make them into sellable chunks. This is how I made my first bit of money, boring but easy. Pirates are a fkn pain tho, so I used to fly into random rings where nobody would be to mine. You then have the journey back to the station with your loot and pirates to contend with..
I was running no problem in the original ship. I need to just look into one thing and stick with it. Problem is I work 7 days a week and am always fecked by the time I finish.
I really want to love the game but it's a big commitment.

I was running no problem in the original ship. I need to just look into one thing and stick with it. Problem is I work 7 days a week and am always fecked by the time I finish.
I really want to love the game but it's a big commitment.
Are you Legend of Dave on XBL?

If anyone's after quick money, stack food cartridge missions in Dinda. It's all delivering to same system (their in a famine state). I've made quite a bit in last few hours.

Are you Legend of Dave on XBL?

If anyone's after quick money, stack food cartridge missions in Dinda. It's all delivering to same system (their in a famine state). I've made quite a bit in last few hours.
I'm Leroy Stellar Jenkins of the PC that lights up to fuckery every time I move into shift and makes the room go all acidy.

I've noticed you on there like. I'll send u a club invite for it. I'd meet up with u on there but I'm way out of bubble, and ATM I'm actually playing on my PC account.
No worries mate, I'll only be on in the daytime really, don't get a chance to play in evenings much.

Trying to figure out how to make money to get an Asp Explorer and go exploring.

No worries mate, I'll only be on in the daytime really, don't get a chance to play in evenings much.

You're on my friends list on XBL. Gimme a shout when your on and I'll give what tips I can (I'm off on sick ATM)

Must have added you around the FIFA 14 Club side we had on here.

Left left left.

FFS DAVE. NO!

You're on my friends list on XBL. Gimme a shout when your on and I'll give what tips I can (I'm off on sick ATM)

Must have added you around the FIFA 14 Club side we had on here.

Left left left.

FFS DAVE. NO!
Also, your on my team on Forza Horizon 3 and give me a hell of a lot of jip in races!

Last edited:

Back