Elite Dangerous

I found a capital ship. I ran away from a capital ship. :)

Started playing this again after a year off. In a type 7 with 25m in the bank working towards me Python... slow isn't the word...
Use this: https://eddb.io/trade/loops

It'll find the nearest loop route to your location - that's a route where you go back and forwards between 2 systems making the max cash possible.

Last edited:

No idea. I assume this is aimed at people who don't have the game at all.
Just checked and it is free if you buy any version.

all the fun of Elite without all the fundamental flaws that has made every version of Elite eventually really boring since 1984!
I've played Elite since its re-launch and only ever tried CQC once. To me its the shallowest, least interesting bit of the game.

Mind, I'm git old and boring. :)

Last edited:
Started playing this again tonight. Claimed my first bounty on some guy in a sidewinder and found some materials. Got a mission from Profundity (sp?) Station to got to the Erivice system to collect some data. Went there and found the signal, started collecting data and then got killed by pirates. :lol: Proper gutted.

Few questions.... What's the best way to make quick money? I have like 13k ATM but want a new ship ASAP. Any other tips will be most welcome anarl!

Started playing this again tonight. Claimed my first bounty on some guy in a sidewinder and found some materials. Got a mission from Profundity (sp?) Station to got to the Erivice system to collect some data. Went there and found the signal, started collecting data and then got killed by pirates. :lol: Proper gutted.

Few questions.... What's the best way to make quick money? I have like 13k ATM but want a new ship ASAP. Any other tips will be most welcome anarl!
Protiti was the system I was in. Have 2 missions that take me to GD 215, but the station I have to get to is miles away.

Last edited:

Protiti was the system I was in. Have 2 missions that take me to GD 215, but the station I have to get to is miles away.

I found the easiest way was to just go to a planet with rings around it and drop into the high intensity asteroid mining zones. Pirates all over and usually plenty of help in there to take them out IF you need it. Vulture armed to the teeth can sit there and take every ship NPC out with ease an rack up bounties like no tomorrow. More fun than trading and mining.

Mind, that was after doing some boring mining for a bit to get a better ship. Not sure how hard it will be in the started ships. Saying that, as long as you get a few hits on the target and other NPCS help (usually loads of cops fly in and start patrolling) you get the bounties it seems.

Yeah, got my eyes on a new ship. Problem being I've still only got 60k!

Yeah, got my eyes on a new ship. Problem being I've still only got 60k!
Up to 180k after tonight's folly's, moving cargo between Kremainn and Eravace mainly but then ended up in Ngobalisa (sp?) Where I realised they needed lots of food. I still only have cargo hold of 4 spaces.

Is it worth just waiting to get a Cobra, or better to get something like a hauler and hope I'm not attacked?

I found the easiest way was to just go to a planet with rings around it and drop into the high intensity asteroid mining zones. Pirates all over and usually plenty of help in there to take them out IF you need it. Vulture armed to the teeth can sit there and take every ship NPC out with ease an rack up bounties like no tomorrow. More fun than trading and mining.

Mind, that was after doing some boring mining for a bit to get a better ship. Not sure how hard it will be in the started ships. Saying that, as long as you get a few hits on the target and other NPCS help (usually loads of cops fly in and start patrolling) you get the bounties it seems.
How much is the vulture?

Last edited:
How much is the vulture?

I got the Viper and then the Cobra (which I didnt like for some reason) before the vulture. You can go mining for a bit if you want to get some initial cash tho it's boring as fuck. If you get the paladium etc.. tho it's big profits which you can then use to get a new ship and outfit it for fighting in the high intensity mining zones where you will get daft money per hour.

Flog all the shit off your ship and outfit with mining laser and cargo if you are wanting to do that.

Otherwise gear up for fighting and just drop into the mining rings around a planet and take out the pirates that attack the miners and you get crazy money.

I got the Viper and then the Cobra (which I didnt like for some reason) before the vulture. You can go mining for a bit if you want to get some initial cash tho it's boring as fuck. If you get the paladium etc.. tho it's big profits which you can then use to get a new ship and outfit it for fighting in the high intensity mining zones where you will get daft money per hour.

Flog all the shit off your ship and outfit with mining laser and cargo if you are wanting to do that.

Otherwise gear up for fighting and just drop into the mining rings around a planet and take out the pirates that attack the miners and you get crazy money.
Did exactly that tonight. (Still iny sidewinder) with a mate. Earned 38k and was over the moon, meanwhile my mate was laughing at me, claiming he'd won 1m in a night.

I'm going with an adder or waiting on a Cobra for next ship. I need those tips lads. Addicted.

Did exactly that tonight. (Still iny sidewinder) with a mate. Earned 38k and was over the moon, meanwhile my mate was laughing at me, claiming he'd won 1m in a night.

I'm going with an adder or waiting on a Cobra for next ship. I need those tips lads. Addicted.

Should be getting a few mil per hour easily once you get a decent ship. If you see any fighting with the cops just lash a few shots into the pirates and get a claim in. Once you have a decent ship the Anacondas and that become absolute cake to take down and offer big bounties and keep appearing, unlike the missions where you have to fly all over the place to find 1 of them.

Should end up walking it with 2 of you if some cops zone in to help also.

Takes a little at the start but once you get a little money it all becomes too easy. Love my Vulture, takes down anything without breaking a sweat. Can literally sit in the zones till I get bored without having to repair.

Should be getting a few mil per hour easily once you get a decent ship. If you see any fighting with the cops just lash a few shots into the pirates and get a claim in. Once you have a decent ship the Anacondas and that become absolute cake to take down and offer big bounties and keep appearing, unlike the missions where you have to fly all over the place to find 1 of them.

Should end up walking it with 2 of you if some cops zone in to help also.

Takes a little at the start but once you get a little money it all becomes too easy. Love my Vulture, takes down anything without breaking a sweat. Can literally sit in the zones till I get bored without having to repair.
Got my first ship last a new Eagle. Spent 20 minutes in it before realising I hated it so bought an Adder. Fitted it with 2 gimballed pulse lasers and a Multi Cannon. Spent some money beefing the armour up and then went out in it. Loving it so far.

Made about 400k last night, and I'm really tempted to get a Cobra mk3. My rep is up with the Federation and they're offering me some decent missions now.

A friend who plays is telling me that you get decent money transporting Slaves. Anyone know if it's true or is he pulling my leg?

Got my first ship last a new Eagle. Spent 20 minutes in it before realising I hated it so bought an Adder. Fitted it with 2 gimballed pulse lasers and a Multi Cannon. Spent some money beefing the armour up and then went out in it. Loving it so far.

Made about 400k last night, and I'm really tempted to get a Cobra mk3. My rep is up with the Federation and they're offering me some decent missions now.

A friend who plays is telling me that you get decent money transporting Slaves. Anyone know if it's true or is he pulling my leg?

Anything earns you money if you take it to a place that gives good money for it. Slaves are illegal in most places though so you will have to evade any scans etc. if you are out and about and near stations.

There are some good sites on the net that gives you good trade routes and where the best rare trade goods are and where to take them if you are just wanting to trade.

Back