Elite Dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

I genuinely might have a go at that

I’m 57% pioneer now. That might push me over
I went up about 30% on Pathfinder just by doing a 6.3kLy trip. Total time there and back was 7.5 hours gameplay and 444 jumps. I was chewing my own limbs off by the time I got back. I only did it to pass the 5kLy mark needed for access to Prof Palin and the corrosion resistant cargo bays.

Ranger not Pathfinder. Doh!

Last edited:
Right... all tooled up for my Thargoid hunt.

Imperial Clipper engineered for speed so I can run away - check.
4x AX Multicannons - check.
Xeno scanner - check.
Research limpet controller - check.
Collector limpet controller for scooping UAs at speed - check.
Corrosion resistant cargo bay - check.
Wingmates to distract Thargoids - nope!

Any volunteers on PC? I'm basing myself at the nearest system with a Large landing pad, 49 ARIETIS (Gaiman Dock), for excursions into HIP 14479.

Here is the "Dramatic Exit" waiting to go. :)

Logon or register to see this image

Right... all tooled up for my Thargoid hunt.

Imperial Clipper engineered for speed so I can run away - check.
4x AX Multicannons - check.
Xeno scanner - check.
Research limpet controller - check.
Collector limpet controller for scooping UAs at speed - check.
Corrosion resistant cargo bay - check.
Wingmates to distract Thargoids - nope!

Any volunteers on PC? I'm basing myself at the nearest system with a Large landing pad, 49 ARIETIS (Gaiman Dock), for excursions into HIP 14479.

Here is the "Dramatic Exit" waiting to go. :)

Quality. Post up some pics when you find them.

Quality. Post up some pics when you find them.
I found one last night but posting a pic was the last thing on my mind. :)

Bagged an Alien Probe and scanned the 'Goid. Got swarmed. Hull down to 61% in less than a minute so I ran away.

I'll try to remember to get pictures next time. :)

OK. Snatched a probe then remembered I'd promised to get a picture so went back for another kicking. It may not be the most exciting shot of a Thargoid but I wasn't going to ask it to say cheese. I hope you lot appreciate this! :)

Switched to my AspX to pop over to Maia. God but the Pleiades are crawling with these bastards! Multiple contacts in every system I've been to.

Last edited:
Not to worry though. Looks like the big boys are up to something. Found this in the Electra system. Got a bit close and was warned off by unidentified interceptors. Its a Comms Hub surrounded by unregistered relays and satellites.

Its quite pretty around Merope when the Thargoids aren't after you.

Last edited:
So what's the crack with this like, started back on this game and seems like all the mission rewards have been heavily nerfed. Courier missions giving less than 200credits some giving nowt but rep.

So what's the crack with this like, started back on this game and seems like all the mission rewards have been heavily nerfed. Courier missions giving less than 200credits some giving nowt but rep.
Blame the Quince noobs who are all now flying around in Anacondas after only playing the game for a few weeks and haven't got the first f***ing clue what they're doing. I've already had one rant about this so I'm going to lie down and take deep breaths for a few minutes.

wait till you go to Quince :lol:
I'm watching you, sunshine! ;)

Blame the Quince noobs who are all now flying around in Anacondas after only playing the game for a few weeks and haven't got the first f***ing clue what they're doing. I've already had one rant about this so I'm going to lie down and take deep breaths for a few minutes.

I'm watching you, sunshine! ;)

:cool: 12% to get to Explorer elite, then another tricked out Anaconda to add to your list:lol:

:cool: 12% to get to Explorer elite, then another tricked out Anaconda to add to your list:lol:
I was coming out of a station in Open mode when a stupid f***ing Conda came shooting in from the wrong side of the slot and smacked into me head-on. I dodged down to let him get further into the station then rose up back in line with the slot and the twat reversed into me... twice! This wasn't an NPC it was a CMDR.

From Quince I bet!

First go with the new Remote Release Flak Launchers tonight. They certainly seem to thin out the Thargoid swarm but the big bugger just shoots out another one. Its quite tricky trying to judge when the shell is in the middle of the bunch so quite a few shots detonated short or long. It would be interesting to find out how many swarms a Goid carries. Not me though! Shields gone and hull down to 74% so I legged it. I'll do a lot for scientific research but 5.5M re-buys aren't included in the list.
:)

Do you think I should start getting worried yet....?

Last edited:
Need a break from PF so I'll lurk here for a few minutes.

I've got my Thargoid research Clipper but its effing useless at Thargoid combat. I don't want to risk the Corvette or the Cutter so I'm looking for a medium size fighter to use in that role.

I'm thinking of FdL or FGS, mainly because of their hardpoints.

I can stick 2x AX Medium missiles, 2x AX Medium Flack Cannons and 1x Huge Plasma Cannon on the FdL. It only has 5 internal compartments but 6 utility mounts. Total cost C150M.

The FGS has 1x L, 4x M and 2x S hardpoints but being limited to only 4 AX weapons per loadout means the 2x S slots are useless against Goids. It has 8 internal compartments but only 4 utility mounts. Total cost C120M.

Someone help me make my mind up!

Need a break from PF so I'll lurk here for a few minutes.

I've got my Thargoid research Clipper but its effing useless at Thargoid combat. I don't want to risk the Corvette or the Cutter so I'm looking for a medium size fighter to use in that role.

I'm thinking of FdL or FGS, mainly because of their hardpoints.

I can stick 2x AX Medium missiles, 2x AX Medium Flack Cannons and 1x Huge Plasma Cannon on the FdL. It only has 5 internal compartments but 6 utility mounts. Total cost C150M.

The FGS has 1x L, 4x M and 2x S hardpoints but being limited to only 4 AX weapons per loadout means the 2x S slots are useless against Goids. It has 8 internal compartments but only 4 utility mounts. Total cost C120M.

Someone help me make my mind up!
FGS has a great shield, and from what I've used of mine, can take a hell of a beating when equipped correctly. FdL I've never been a fan of.

FGS has a great shield, and from what I've used of mine, can take a hell of a beating when equipped correctly. FdL I've never been a fan of.
After speaking to people on the ED Facebook group someone pointed out that the new Flak Launchers aren't classed as AX weapons so rather than buy a new ship I've equipped my Cutter with 2x AX multicannons and 2x AX Missiles in the medium slots, 2x Flack Launchers in the large slots and a normal, but 4A and overcharged, multicannon in the huge slot.

I then started worrying about the turn rate of the Cutter so upgraded my 8D thrusters to 8A and had them Engineered to G3 dirty drive. This not only improved the pitch/roll/yaw but increased top speed to 263kph and boost to 420kph so I should be able to outrun the Goids if it all goes tits up. FSD jump range dropped from 26.5Ly to 25.2Ly though. Mind, even with the 6M I got for the old thrusters and a 15% discount the new ones still cost me 133M. :eek:

On the utility mounts I've got a Xeno Scanner, a shutdown-field neutraliser, 2x Point Defence and 4x Shield Boosters engineered for blast resistance.

On the optional internals I've got an 8A Shield Generator, 4x Hull Reinforcement packages (all 5G heavy duty engineered) and a Module Reinforcement package. Plus I've been advised that a fighter is useful for keeping a Thargoid Swarm busy so I've put a double-slot fighter bay in there too.

I'm still dragging my heels about going out and engaging them as its a 34M re-buy if I haven't got it right and bear in mind that FDev nerfed it to try to stop single players from being able to take out a Goid........ anyone want to wing-up on PC? :)

Last edited:
After speaking to people on the ED Facebook group someone pointed out that the new Flak Launchers aren't classed as AX weapons so rather than buy a new ship I've equipped my Cutter with 2x AX multicannons and 2x AX Missiles in the medium slots, 2x Flack Launchers in the large slots and a normal, but 4A and overcharged, multicannon in the huge slot.

I then started worrying about the turn rate of the Cutter so upgraded my 8D thrusters to 8A and had them Engineered to G3 dirty drive. This not only improved the pitch/roll/yaw but increased top speed to 263kph and boost to 420kph so I should be able to outrun the Goids if it all goes tits up. FSD jump range dropped from 26.5Ly to 25.2Ly though. Mind, even with the 6M I got for the old thrusters and a 15% discount the new ones still cost me 133M. :eek:

On the utility mounts I've got a Xeno Scanner, a shutdown-field neutraliser, 2x Point Defence and 4x Shield Boosters engineered for blast resistance.

On the optional internals I've got an 8A Shield Generator, 4x Hull Reinforcement packages (all 5G heavy duty engineered) and a Module Reinforcement package. Plus I've been advised that a fighter is useful for keeping a Thargoid Swarm busy so I've put a double-slot fighter bay in there too.

I'm still dragging my heels about going out and engaging them as its a 34M re-buy if I haven't got it right and bear in mind that FDev nerfed it to try to stop single players from being able to take out a Goid........ anyone want to wing-up on PC? :)
I'm back home on Thursday, in Malta ATM. I'll jump in wing. Bring my eagle. :lol::eek:

You spent 133m on thrusters :eek: that's nearly every credit I've got. :lol:

I'm back home on Thursday, in Malta ATM. I'll jump in wing. Bring my eagle. :lol::eek:
Great. You can distract them. :)

You spent 133m on thrusters :eek: that's nearly every credit I've got. :lol:
I've been playing this game a loooong time. Right now I have 310M in cash left but 2B in assets (Cutter, Corvette, Clipper, Orca, AspX and Sidewinder all A rated.)

You probably need to join the Elite Dangerous Facebook group to see this but here are my adventures in the Pleiades last night. I'd taken the Cutter to Prof Palin to G5 the thrusters and was so pleased with them I decided to transport my Vette there and have the same done to it's thrusters. Then this happened:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/530885946939845/permalink/1813338955361198/

Last edited:
So I've bought myself a dolphin and set up as a taxi / tour bus.

6 first class, 6 business class and a circa30ly engineered FSD.

Made my money back in two hours. Seems like the best way for me to get easier credits.

Nimble little ship like compared with my Asp. Only thing is its got shit hardpoints, nearly got done by a viper when I was transporting some criminal types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back