Elite Dangerous

Finally made it to cash billionaire - technically I've been a billionaire for a while but that was invested in ships and modules.

Logon or register to see this image

Now 98% Deadly. Took the FdL out for a run. :)

Ooh... Ooh! On the 13th of Nov we get access to an AX version of the Taipan SLF!

Get your pussy PC arses out to Plaiedes and help me squash the alien scum!!!

That's a big pile of cash. Whats your total worth including ships/modules?

I'm having fun in a Haz-Res with the Conda, a G5 engineered multicannon, and a fighter in the bay.

I'm wrecking everything :D:cool:

That's a big pile of cash. Whats your total worth including ships/modules?

I'm having fun in a Haz-Res with the Conda, a G5 engineered multicannon, and a fighter in the bay.

I'm wrecking everything :D:cool:

Had a bit of a mishap in the FdL hence being 6M down on the credits. :(

Changed to white (racist!) and only 1% to go to Elite combat in the Attitude Adjuster. :D

All my ships carry G5 efficient beams and bursts and G5 overcharged mulicannons.

You know it makes sense! :D

Last edited:

I have just spunked my knob off the ceiling!

Okay, I've finished wanking like a wild monkey and my arm hurts.

I'm on 0% Pioneer and now I have to get to triple Elite. How do I do it?

Do I just wander off into the black and scan everything in sight? Do I just go as far as I can before I flip and kill my neighbours and their pets? Do I do paying missions?

Help!

Last edited:

I have just spunked my knob off the ceiling!

Okay, I've finished wanking like a wild monkey and my arm hurts.

I'm on 0% Pioneer and now I have to get to triple Elite. How do I do it?

Do I just wander off into the black and scan everything in sight? Do I just go as far as I can before I flip and kill my neighbours and their pets? Do I do paying missions?

Help!

Gerrin :cool:

I started my trek to explorer using that Road to Riches list, but sharp go bored. Then I went on a couple trips to a few nebulae.

When I was about where you were, I found a dynamic road to riches list, and based myself around Quince, so I could hop back and do surface scans when I was needing a change

Give it a go
http://edtools.ddns.net/expl.php

You’ll need about 160mill in explorer data to do it. Just whack a start system in and off you go. Just scan the ones it says, they’re the highest paying

Gerrin :cool:

I started my trek to explorer using that Road to Riches list, but sharp go bored. Then I went on a couple trips to a few nebulae.

When I was about where you were, I found a dynamic road to riches list, and based myself around Quince, so I could hop back and do surface scans when I was needing a change

Give it a go

You’ll need about 160mill in explorer data to do it. Just whack a start system in and off you go. Just scan the ones it says, they’re the highest paying
To be honest, the idea of exploring fills me with dread. Jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk. :-(

After hitting Elite for trade and combat the need to play the game has deteriorated to the point that I'm actually feeling very depressed right now.

I've been playing almost 12 hours a day for the last few months due to me being unemployed because of injury but now that I've hit Elite I can't see any point in continuing.

To be honest, the idea of exploring fills me with dread. Jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk, jump, honk. :-(

After hitting Elite for trade and combat the need to play the game has deteriorated to the point that I'm actually feeling very depressed right now.

I've been playing almost 12 hours a day for the last few months due to me being unemployed because of injury but now that I've hit Elite I can't see any point in continuing.

Second save? Start again?

Starcitizen?

And just as I think I'm losing all interest in the game it looks like I'm the first person to find a stable Thargoid wormhole. :)

Electra system. Was on a bug-hunt for the new Thargoid Basilisk ships and found this:

Class :eek:

It’s taken me since March, but I’ve finally managed to hold my own in this game.

Flew to Maia, and took the thargoid resin mission from Palin. Went to the crash site, and picked up the canisters.

Was jumped by a wing of federal gunships which I saw off with the Anaconda :lol:

Oh and interdicted by a Thargoid too ...

And back in time for tea

Class :eek:

It’s taken me since March, but I’ve finally managed to hold my own in this game.

Flew to Maia, and took the thargoid resin mission from Palin. Went to the crash site, and picked up the canisters.

Was jumped by a wing of federal gunships which I saw off with the Anaconda :lol:

Oh and interdicted by a Thargoid too ...

And back in time for tea
Keep doing the Palin missions. Over about a week I went from 300M to 1B credits. They count for trade status too which is how I managed Elite without even realising it.

Funny thing about the wormhole thing: I usually have FB open in the background when I'm out and about on ED for when I have long supercruise flights. When I found that thing I immediately went on the Elite Dangerous FaceBook page to give people a running commentary of what was happening. I scanned it, I shot it, I tried entering it - everything I could think of.

The FB mob were mostly very interested in my exploits and gave suggestions as to what I should try next, what they thought it was etc.

Then the miserable twats showed up. It was a graphics glitch - despite me pointing out that when I got too close my ship would be physically pushed away from it. I was lying as they had tried to replicate the conditions in which I found it and couldn't. I was lying because I'd reported it in a FB group rather than the Frontier forum - despite the fact that I was reporting it in realtime and the reason I did it on FB was that 1) I had FB open at the time and 2) showing screenshots in FB is as simple as hitting the <PrintScreen> button then pressing <Cntrl +V> in a post whereas doing it on the Frontier Forum would mean pasting a pic into Photoshop to resize it, upload the shot to a hosting site and then pasting that back into the FF.

I even had people demanding to know why I was active in the Mobius PvE Eurasia Private Group rather than Open so they could come and verify I was actually where I said I was and seeing what I said I was seeing. I even had people sending me stuff on Messenger demanding to know what my CMDR name was and if I was lying or telling the truth.

Next time I just won't bother! :)

And while I was typing this another 2 people claiming I'm lying because I didn't try flying into it. Despite me stating numerous times that I did but my ship got repulsed. Honestly, some people are too stupid to have internet access.

Oh, and one person claiming I'm lying because its a sphere and a wormhole would not be a sphere. despite me telling them numerous times that I flew all the way round it and its a 2-dimensional circle. I even showed them a f***ing picture! :evil:

Last edited:
just made it to my first Elite rank - Trader :)

found an excellent passenger run - been making about 75m per trip in my Python, there's a 1,880,000LS supercruise at the destination system so it's not been the most exciting route!
Well done! Not sure I'd have the patience to do a 1.88MLs supercruise, like! :eek:

just made it to my first Elite rank - Trader :)

found an excellent passenger run - been making about 75m per trip in my Python, there's a 1,880,000LS supercruise at the destination system so it's not been the most exciting route!
upsilon aquarii?

Tried it. 40 min super cruise :lol:

Rigged up the anaconda with cabins, and then couldn’t get a mission that paid more than 2 mill. Balls to that. Sticking with the Palin missions for now.

@Slippery Jim you mentioned earlier on that you can stack the palin missions. How did you do it? I’ve tried redocking at obsidian but it only ever comes up once. Not that bothered like, having a laugh doing them in open. Nobody comes near me in the conda

Give it a go

Okay. Here we go. The first hop of 300 is to Pleiades Sector DL-Y d65.

Stripped the Aspx of all weapons. Replaced cargo rack with AFMU and SRV bay with fuel tank. max jump range now 48.8Ly.

See you at the end!

upsilon aquarii?

Rigged up the anaconda with cabins, and then couldn’t get a mission that paid more than 2 mill. Balls to that. Sticking with the Palin missions for now.

@Slippery Jim you mentioned earlier on that you can stack the palin missions. How did you do it? I’ve tried redocking at obsidian but it only ever comes up once. Not that bothered like, having a laugh doing them in open. Nobody comes near me in the conda
You can't stack them in the sense of taking multiple missions at the same time but I modified the Coeette to hold six 2t corrosion resistant holds, At HIP 17125 load up with 4 Bio, 4 Tech and 4 Resin. When you get back to Maia you can just kepp docking and re-docking and if you're lucky you'll get trhe right combination of missions to empty your hold after 3 re-docks rather than making 3 full round trips.

The downside is that it gets a bit frustrating repeatedly re-docking to get rid of the last 2-4t of Thargoid material so you get tempted to go back to 17125 and re-fill the whole 12t again. Thats usually when you get interdicted by the Goids on your way out with bits of their mates' body-parts in your hold. Not good! :lol:

Last edited:
Okay. Here we go. The first hop of 300 is to Pleiades Sector DL-Y d65.

Stripped the Aspx of all weapons. Replaced cargo rack with AFMU and SRV bay with fuel tank. max jump range now 48.8Ly.

See you at the end!

You can't stack them in the sense of taking multiple missions at the same time but I modified the Coeette to hold six 2t corrosion resistant holds, At HIP 17125 load up with 4 Bio, 4 Tech and 4 Resin. When you get back to Maia you can just kepp docking and re-docking and if you're lucky you'll get trhe right combination of missions to empty your hold after 3 re-docks rather than making 3 full round trips.

The downside is that it gets a bit frustrating repeatedly re-docking to get rid of the last 2-4t of Thargoid material so you get tempted to go back to 17125 and re-fill the whole 12t again. Thats usually when you get interdicted by the Goids on your way out with bits of their mates' body-parts in your hold. Not good! :lol:

Ah, you git sneaky bastard :lol:

I’ve not got the corrosion resistant engineer unlocked yet, so once I’ve picked the thargoid stuff up, I tear arse back to Maia before it melts through the floor. Mind, I might just fit a grade 6 AFMU and see if I can repair whilst I’m running.

Will give it a go

Ah, you git sneaky bastard :lol:

I’ve not got the corrosion resistant engineer unlocked yet, so once I’ve picked the thargoid stuff up, I tear arse back to Maia before it melts through the floor. Mind, I might just fit a grade 6 AFMU and see if I can repair whilst I’m running.

Will give it a go
Moni's Hub at Maia sells a 6C AFMU if you need one.

Moni's Hub at Maia sells a 6C AFMU if you need one.
Which bit of Palin do you still have to unlock? You know you don't need access to his engineering lab just to get the corrosion resistant cargo bays? You only need the location of his base and, if memory serves, you get that by first getting a pass for Sirius and you get that by gaining allied rep with Sirius Mining. They have a presence in Alcazar's Hope in Merope.

50 systems scanned now. Doing the sums if I need 160M credits to get to Elite then I'm a bout a third of the way through.

God its boring!!!

Mind I didn't realise this Road To Riches thing sends you on a journey staying within a sphere round your start point. I thought it sent you out on a big loop so I was startled to find that after 50 jumps I've never been more than 5 jumps away from my start.

I'm really tempted to go back to Merope occasionally to jump into another ship and shoot someone just to relieve the tedium. :D

Last edited:
upsilon aquarii?

Yes, started in Upsilon Aquarii, the surrounding systems are richer pickings for low-hassle tourists and refugees - but mostly outposts so no good for an Anaconda. I've got 96 capacity in my Python and it's about a mill per passenger plus loads of data transport missions at about 1 million a pop

Quick update:

Now visited 90 systems. I gave in and headed to a station 2 jumps away to see what my progress was in credits and % of Elite for exploration.

93M credits earned. Progress 46% from Pioneer to Elite. (52% in total as I started on 6%)

This means I have to earn a total of 202M credits and visit a further 105 systems.

Please... someone shoot me now! :cry:

SWod it. I'm off back to Merope to jump into another ship and go kill someone. :cool:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, after constant jumping through 90 systems I arrive back at Merope. Request auto-docking and leave the PC as I wander off towards the loo.

10 seconds later I hear a loud smashing noise and a horrible scraping/tearing and rush back to the PC only to realise I'd forgotten to throttle down to zero and my ship was doing a belly-flop dance through the middle of Alazar's Hope.

I'm really not cut out for exploration am I?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oooooooooooooh..... that feels so much better.

2 dead pirate lords in Corvettes, and 3 of the 4 Anacondas sent out to stop me, later and I'm ready to go back out exploring for a bit. :D

Last edited:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 00:25

Systems visited: 150

Progress to Elite: 82%

I might be triple Elite by the end of today. Knocking it on the head tonight before I go loopy. :D

Just became a Knight of the Empire. Can I get any decent imperial ships now?

Also is it worth pledging allegiance to the Empire? I'm still a recruit with the other faction. Don't know if it's worth it, do I get anything out of it, do the others become hostile etc etc...

Back