Elite Dangerous

I've stashed all my ships until the cannon fodder errr... other CMDRs find out what the new gameplay is like. ;)

What are all your ship names? Here's mine:

Sidewinder - "Leonard Cohen"
AspX - "Grey Area"
Orca - "Awkward Customer"
Corvette - "Poke It With A Stick"
Cutter - "No More Mr Nice Guy"

PC server is still upgrading. Won't be ready until at least 6pm today. :(
The Xbox update is 19gb+ :lol:

It’s chuntering away upstairs. Dunno if the server is up and running yet. I’ll have a mosy over to the frontier forums and see what’s going on.

Tbh the last update had a canny few bugs, so I’m not expecting a smooth run for a week or two

The Xbox update is 19gb+ :lol:

It’s chuntering away upstairs. Dunno if the server is up and running yet. I’ll have a mosy over to the frontier forums and see what’s going on.

Tbh the last update had a canny few bugs, so I’m not expecting a smooth run for a week or two
PC is 7GB but the servers are still down. I've uploaded the new launcher but thats it so far.

Just looking about, not seen much.

Just seen this posted on frontier forum...

“ Thargoid contact
Pleiades sector KM-W D1-34
Appear as USS, Non-Human Signal Source.
Have fun in there, won't reveal anything else. Have fun”

Anyone going ? :lol:

So, Quince mission stacking is dead then :neutral: was always going to happen

Three missions had to scan three separate data points.

20 missions will take a while
I actually think its not a bad thing.

You see so many noobs on the forums who have made hundreds of millions from mission stacking and their first post is usually "I've just bought a Fer de Lance and was wondering what the best weapons outfit is for it."

Their second question is usually "My FdL has just been ganked by a Cobra MkIII. What am I doing wrong? What shields are best for it?"

The thing about grinding your way to the expensive ships is that you learn as you go and by the time you can afford them you don't need to ask that type of question. Back in the old days the only way to make fast-ish money was to go all the way out to Robigo/Sothis and take 20 slave smuggling missions at a time. You then had to fight your way all the way back into the bubble and then try to sneak into 20 different stations without being caught.

Thats my grumpy-old-man rant for the evening. :D

You see so many noobs on the forums who have made hundreds of millions from mission stacking and their first post is usually "I've just bought a Fer de Lance and was wondering what the best weapons outfit is for it."

Their second question is usually "My FdL has just been ganked by a Cobra MkIII. What am I doing wrong? What shields are best for it?"

The thing about grinding your way to the expensive ships is that you learn as you go and by the time you can afford them you don't need to ask that type of question. Back in the old days the only way to make fast-ish money was to go all the way out to Robigo/Sothis and take 20 slave smuggling missions at a time. You then had to fight your way all the way back into the bubble and then try to sneak into 20 different stations without being caught.

Tbh took me ages to figure out that only one scan finished them all.
Had a right old potter about in the SRV last night, and still got about 15 mill in the process. Probably won’t put me off doing them

if there are routes or systems out there to be exploited you can't blame newer players for using them especially with the introduction of the Thargoids - most newer players attracted to new release aren't going to be wanting to grind away for months when there's aliens to be knacked/knack you.

Tbh took me ages to figure out that only one scan finished them all.
Had a right old potter about in the SRV last night, and still got about 15 mill in the process. Probably won’t put me off doing them
It happened to me once. Six missions all done at one data point by accessing it 6 times. It was accidental, though. I didn't know it was an exploit and I was only doing the missions to gain Rep for a promotion not to gain cash.

if there are routes or systems out there to be exploited you can't blame newer players for using them especially with the introduction of the Thargoids - most newer players attracted to new release aren't going to be wanting to grind away for months when there's aliens to be knacked/knack you.
Oh, I don't blame anyone for doing it! Its human nature. My point was that there are now a lot of very cash-rich players out there with huge, powerful ships who have little experience of the game. Hence the endless questions on the forums where you look at them and think "How the Hell did that person get a Cutter if they don't know the answer to the most simple problems in the game?"

I'm not against asking questions - I do it myself all the time when I encounter something new - but the number of "Whats the best loadout for my Vulture/Anaconda/Corvette/Cutter?" questions on the forums is a joke. If they don't know how to kit them they won't know how to fly them. The last time I had to ask a question was when I came across a neutron star and I'd heard that there was a way of using their jets to boost FSD jump range.

The game is designed to make you graft to get the good stuff so that you learn things as you go along but too many people, imho, have been handed stuff they shouldn't have yet at their experience level.

Here's a prime example. This question was just posted on the Facebook ED group: "can someone share passenger fer de lance build XD?? not with engineers"

These people have no idea how to play the game yet but have access to ships costing 50M+. It makes me want to weep.

Last edited:
Any decent runs going at the minute? Similar to the old Robigo run? I'm on the way back from the black, need something to do when I get back.

Any decent runs going at the minute? Similar to the old Robigo run? I'm on the way back from the black, need something to do when I get back.
There are lots of courier missions worth about 3M each to Colonia/Tenjin. Take 20 missions and thats 60M plus exploration data. It'll only take you about a month. :)

Back