Ebony Rainford- Brent on TMS.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date
Yeah we aren’t going to agree. But why be so childish and petty to follow it up with namecalling?

I’m an egalitarian, I’m not a fan of tokenism at all and I felt I’d made it clear with my previous arguments on the topic.

I’m happy to discuss it properly with you, but know this - in my job, standards were lowered and even ignored in order to give certain people a job. In my job, if you aren’t capable of doing the job, people WILL die.

I believe in absolute equality and by that nobody should be elevated above anyone else because they have a certain characteristic or belong to a particular group. The best person should ALWAYS get the job.

That isn’t happening at the BBC and it is all day wrong.
And I think she was good today. Just as good as any of the blokes.

Genuinely think that.

That's the argument right there. You seem to think they are only there as a box ticking exercise which is completely disrespectful and wrong.

Which is unfortunate but has nothing to do with cricket commentary (I hope)

My last words on the subject. We won't agree on this and I see no point in continuing.
a pity,then, that at no stage in all your posts have you provided any evidence or argument for your claim of misogyny.

Good for you
Indeed. I even listened with a critical ear given this thread, and heard nothing wrong

I also heard more banal from Vaughan and McGrath.

Was quite interesting sat at long on watching Mitchell interview ERB and the body language. Particularly Vic Marks’ who nodded all the way through (was on the radio so he wasn’t appeasing anyone)
a pity,then, that at no stage in all your posts have you provided any evidence or argument for your claim of misogyny.
Do you really want someone to dig out all the posts by a certain poster about female commentators?

Last edited:
I'd expect a poster to be able to recall his own posts without having "to dig them out" which is what I was referring to.
You’ve lost me completely

There are posters on here who hate the fact that women are involved in cricket. It’s weird and irrational.

I will find these posts if you really want. Or we could just all watch cricket. Including women. As it’s a sport we all love

I don't mind either of the main 2 lasses, I don't think they bring any great insight mind, its just a load of cliche, but a lot of other pundits do that too. TMS is about a bit of crack too by the way, like a friend in your ear.

I like who I like, who are mainly the Sky lot, who are top top notch.

You’ve lost me completely

There are posters on here who hate the fact that women are involved in cricket. It’s weird and irrational.

I will find these posts if you really want. Or we could just all watch cricket. Including women. As it’s a sport we all love
That certainly would be weird and irrational but again there's no evidence -where's there a post using the term hate?Some posters dislike certain commentators , specifically mentioned is Ms Rainford-Brent.
I dislike her commentary, specifically because I think she talks incessantly when comment is only necessary to clarify the picture. I'd make the same criticism of Charles Dagnall.

That certainly would be weird and irrational but again there's no evidence -where's there a post using the term hate?Some posters dislike certain commentators , specifically mentioned is Ms Rainford-Brent.
I dislike her commentary, specifically because I think she talks incessantly when comment is only necessary to clarify the picture. I'd make the same criticism of Charles Dagnall.
Maybe hate is too strong a word. But there is plenty of evidence

Don't mind ERB's style, she's been decent on the comms this series IMO

Alison Mitchell gets on my wick, IMO the best female commentator is/was the Aussie who did a lot of the World Cup (name escapes me at the minute).

Alison Mitchell gets on my wick, IMO the best female commentator is/was the Aussie who did a lot of the World Cup (name escapes me at the minute).

Know what you mean, she’s actually very knowledgable and well informed - I genuinely don’t mind her. The English ones I maintain however have their jobs through reasons other than actual talent.
Maybe hate is too strong a word. But there is plenty of evidence

Care to do anymore backtracking?

There is no evidence that certain posters hate women, it’s just the agenda you seek to push.

There is plenty of evidence however of people disliking the likes of Guha and Mitchell because they think they’re shite, offer nothing of any interest and cliche heavy.

Last edited:
Know what you mean, she’s actually very knowledgable and well informed - I genuinely don’t mind her. The English ones I maintain however have their jobs through reasons other than actual talent.

Care to do anymore backtracking?

There is no evidence that certain posters hate women, it’s just the agenda you seek to push.

There is plenty of evidence however of people disliking the likes of Guha and Mitchell because they think they’re shite, offer nothing of any interest and cliche heavy.
:lol:
Yeah. Ok

Mel Jones

It's clear to see on this thread and many others. I don't need to prove misogyny, it's right there in front of your eyes if you dare to take your hands away from them
If you make a claim you should back it with evidence. I can't see it, the reason being it's not there. There is ample evidence many posters dislike certain female commentators for a variety of reasons but no evidence that it's because they're female. Misogyny is a serious accusation; you should supply clear evidence.

If you make a claim you should back it with evidence. I can't see it, the reason being it's not there. There is ample evidence many posters dislike certain female commentators for a variety of reasons but no evidence that it's because they're female. Misogyny is a serious accusation; you should supply clear evidence.

Here you go. There’s loads more

I’d like to point out, it’s my belief that ERB has a thing for Jason Roy.

*******THAT ISN’T A DIG. THAT ISN’T A CRITICISM. I DON’T HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH THAT WHATSOEVER.*********

It’s simply that everytime she’s on comms she mentions him.
I’ve provided helpful links for you. Click them. Its quite illuminating

Or maybe just keep pretending. That will make you feel better

My initial reaction is to laugh my bollocks off, but I won’t post the smiley.

I don’t need to pretend anything, I know my own mind and my own views better than anyone.

Tokenism and positive discrimination are both very dangerous things. I’m not a fan of either, I prefer equality.

Last edited:
I’d like to point out, it’s my belief that ERB has a thing for Jason Roy.

*******THAT ISN’T A DIG. THAT ISN’T A CRITICISM. I DON’T HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH THAT WHATSOEVER.*********

It’s simply that everytime she’s on comms she mentions him.

My initial reaction is to laugh my bollocks off, but I won’t post the smiley.

I don’t need to pretend anything, I know my own mind and my own views better than anyone.

Tokenism and positive discrimination are both very dangerous things. I’m not a fan of either, I prefer equality.
:lol:

There’s the smiley for you

I can only judge by your posting history. And myself, and many others, can see what you post

Back