TMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 40 years I'm thinking of quitting for various reasons. Too many annoyances.

What do you lot think, of modern day TMS?

After 40 years I'm thinking of quitting for various reasons. Too many annoyances.

I still listen occasionally, but always preferred Sky.

I like the personal feel you get listening on your headphones, and general chatter.

But I don't like Boycott or Michael Vaughan, so its not a great choice for me!

They tend to shoehorn the shite in for the pyjama cricket. Thankfully the Test Matches still gets the main 'squad'.

I make no apology for the fact I do not like women commentators, I'm still yet to hear a good one, far too whiney, talk over deliveries and have a general poor grasp of what's going on.

They tend to shoehorn the shite in for the pyjama cricket. Thankfully the Test Matches still gets the main 'squad'.

I make no apology for the fact I do not like women commentators, I'm still yet to hear a good one, far too whiney, talk over deliveries and have a general poor grasp of what's going on.

Am with you spoilt by the women call me sexist don't give a toss it's true

Boycott is to much of a know it all and gets on your tits after a bit

love TMS the test matches are much higher quality but i feel the same about the cricket anyhow.

not what it once was i agree, the newer lot are by and large dreadful.

mcgrath and more recently james taylor are new and canny mind

I love TMS and have no problem with Alison Mitchell or Ebony whatshername.

My one complaint would be some of the trivia and banter goes on too long, and you could be tuned in for about five minutes before you get the score, which is a real pain in the arse when you're driving.

Used to love TMS but they can't compete with David Lloyd and Michael Atherton on SKY. As with most sports, all the best people are not on BBC. Would only contemplate listening to TMS when Botham is rambling on SKY.

Used to love TMS but they can't compete with David Lloyd and Michael Atherton on SKY. As with most sports, all the best people are not on BBC. Would only contemplate listening to TMS when Botham is rambling on SKY.

Could not disagree more strongly with this. Yes, their cricket coverage is very, very good, but it's debatable as to whether it's any worse than Sky, personally I would prefer to have TMS commentary over the Sky pictures if I could. As for other Sports, Sky are dreadful and the BBC have far better commentary teams and coverage when they do it.

Could not disagree more strongly with this. Yes, their cricket coverage is very, very good, but it's debatable as to whether it's any worse than Sky, personally I would prefer to have TMS commentary over the Sky pictures if I could. As for other Sports, Sky are dreadful and the BBC have far better commentary teams and coverage when they do it.

Sky's coverage is good, but it can be a little OTT at times, like most of their coverage now, too busy rolling out stats for the sake of it. They have some excellent commentators in Atherton, Hussain and Holding, but also some pretty poor ones doing the county games and Shane Warne is painful.

Sky's coverage is good, but it can be a little OTT at times, like most of their coverage now, too busy rolling out stats for the sake of it. They have some excellent commentators in Atherton, Hussain and Holding, but also some pretty poor ones doing the county games and Shane Warne is painful.

Still enjoy TMS on a nice day in the garden above watching Sky although their commentary team are good too be fair. The more recent ones are poor imo though with likes of Knight and Ward rambling on without sticking their neck out on nowt. Boredom central and too safe for my liking.

Could've put the control through the telly on T20 finals day when they were going on about his (Knight's) dancing while one of the games was going on.

It's become one of life's little pleasures listening to TMS when I'm at work, I've even enjoyed the county cricket coverage on the bbc website

It's become one of life's little pleasures listening to TMS when I'm at work, I've even enjoyed the county cricket coverage on the bbc website
I do enjoy Marty's coverage but sometimes the 'banter' between him and certain commentators is embarrassing.

It's when they are filling in dead air time the banter is desperate
When it's a break they must simply just piss off and leave them mike on

Ha ha ha, ye not wrong on the breaks. The amount of times somebody around me at work has jumped out of their seat as a voice suddenly comes on when the dinner break has finished cos I'd forgotten to turn it down.

Do enjoy the County games on the wireless. It's a cracking service from the Beeb although you have to wonder how long it will last for with all the cuts going on.

Ha ha ha, ye not wrong on the breaks. The amount of times somebody around me at work has jumped out of their seat as a voice suddenly comes on when the dinner break has finished cos I'd forgotten to turn it down.

Do enjoy the County games on the wireless. It's a cracking service from the Beeb although you have to wonder how long it will last for with all the cuts going on.

Especially with them staying at Lumley Castle and joking about fiddling expenses :)

Way down after lunch canny day left

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back