Sussex v Durham - LVCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safc_Luke

Striker
Starts Sunday at Hove.

If Borthwick cant bowl again surely they will have to pick Gareth Breese as Hove can suit spinners.

Who will miss out then? Harrison? Wood? as they will probably play SB just as a batsman..

Any other changes?

gutted about this, have a few days off next week, was going to attend the whole match, looks like it might be a very rain affected draw already.

fingers crossed, we need to get our first win on teh board before long, obviously sussex are a decent side but give the gloves to richardson or sangakarra and let mustard rip through them again :lol:

Muchall in for Sangakkara? :lol:

surprised this didn't get a like off brandon anarl ;)

Last edited:
We have one game to play on the sides above us and expect us to finish mid table so nothing to panic about regarding lack of a win thus far

The batting would need to be above and beyond expectation for us to challenge for honours

I'll be there for a couple of days. Last year we lost a day to a sea fret so had to investigate the local hostelries - was in one when the whole team arrived prior to moving hotels and Geoff Cook just came over to have a chat - topper bloke. Looking forward to reacquaint myself with a few of the hostelries if it rains ...

Harrison to miss this one with a badly blistered foot, Pringle and Gavin Main to come in.

I'd guess Ashad to replace Harrison unless they decide to play two spinners.

They've beaten us 14 times in the CC.

Last 7 games have produced a positive result: 4 Durham wins, 3 Sussex.

Home win for my money.

Durham won the toss and will bowl.

Mark Stoneman
Keaton Jennings
Scott Borthwick
Kumar Sangakkara
Michael Richardson
Paul Collingwood (C)
Phil Mustard (W)
Mark Wood
Usman Arshad
Graham Onions
Christopher Rushworth

Yes Rushy!! 19-1. Bunny looks expensive mind.

BUNNY!! Long opening spells like. 30-2. Great start, need Benny an Woody to continue the good work.

Marty tweeting that Yardy was dropped at point moments earlier on 5 so good to see it didn't cost us anything.

Recovery is on.......

Yes Benny!!
Joyceb Arshad21 - 63-3.

Wood gets Wells for 19, but some loose bowling since. 23 runs in 3 overs since being 81-4.

Lunch 108-4. Decent mornings work. Another 4 in the afternoon session would be very nice indeed.

Rushy strikes 5th ball after Lunch.
Machanc Mustardb Rushworth22
Sussex 115-5.

18 runs already from no balls. Wtf is going on this season?!

Arshad very expensive. 133-5 and 60-2 off the last 10 :eek:

Luke Wright cruising towards 50 at a run a ball .

Looks like I'm talking to myself here. I'm used to it. Looks like our bowling hasn't been up to much after Lunch. More worrying is the disappearance of Onions....... Not bowled since before lunch. 171-5. Off the hook.

Wright 50. Fuck off.

Commentators saying Borthwick isn't fully fit. So on a trip to Hove we have no spinner....... Great.

Onions and Wood both off the field. What the fuck is going on??! They're gonna piss 300.

LegsOpen Lizzy has had two goes at saying Gavin Main and has fucked up twice. "It's Gavin Hain..... No, Gavin Wain" This clown is being paid.

Borthwick on to bowl.

From Marty - @Martycricket: 100 partnership for Ben Brown and Luke Wright from 4 overthrows from Phil Mustard. Brown was dropped behind previous ball on 47. Now has 52.

Seems to me we're dropping a lot of catches all of a sudden. What's the betting they get to two bonus points before we do.

f***ing wank session. Luke bastard Wright man. Fuck me.

Mustard dropped two catches in that session and Wood one. f***ing not good enough at all.

Richardson dropped a dolly too apparently. Woods only a half chance I believe.

150 for the 6th wicket. Just fuck off.

Last edited:
I don't know what's worse, our bowling or LegsOpen Lizzy commentating.

I think we may be relegation candidates. Not a knee jerk but we telly have bowled badly this season on the whole. If you can't take 20 wickets you won't win games. Already looking likely we'll be needing around 300 to avoid the follow on in this one.

Where's that rain?

Last edited:
I thought he was a cünt before I found that out.......

300 for the 6th wicket. Fuck off Durham.

Close. 441-5. The final insult of the day being that Stoneman came on to bowl the final over of the day and got twatted for 10 off it.

So that's now two games in a row where we can't win the game after the first day. Hopefully tomorrow and Tuesday's rain materialises and we get away with another draw.

Last edited:
It's like the 90s all over again.

No it isn't, it's far from it. In the 90s we were getting thrashed game after game.

We haven't played well at all this season and yet we haven't lost a game.

With a squad this thin injuries are always going to play a massive part, and thats looking to be the case at the moment.

With a squad this thin injuries are always going to play a massive part, and thats looking to be the case at the moment.
Which is why we should have tried to sign a couple of players before the season started having lost some top players. Instead the club just sat back on their arses thinking everything would be fine because we are the current County Champions.

Which is why we should have tried to sign a couple of players before the season started having lost some top players. Instead the club just sat back on their arses thinking everything would be fine because we are the current County Champions.

The club couldn't afford to sign any new players, they couldn't even afford to keep all the ones they had. Sangakkara and Hastings have both come for the chance to play county cricket and not for the money. It was always going to be difficult to emulate last season and the lads are going to have to dig deep to compete, but with the right leadership they'll end up better cricketers for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back