Ebony Rainford- Brent on TMS.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date

Here you go. There’s loads more

You see the problem you have, which seems blatantly obvious to me but unfortunately has completely evaded you.

Some posts are intended to provoke thought and debate. Other posts are intended to wind people up.

I revel in the participation of both. Depends what mood I’m in.

Generally though that’s what all message boards are like. In my experience.

You see the problem you have, which seems blatantly obvious to me but unfortunately has completely evaded you.

Some posts are intended to provoke thought and debate. Other posts are intended to wind people up.

I revel in the participation of both. Depends what mood I’m in.

Generally though that’s what all message boards are like. In my experience.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: full madone

Here you go. There’s loads more
Yeh, you've gone back as far as 7 years and only 3 of your examples mention females. Brandon's post on Women on TMS is obviously a windup as is the obscene reference about legsidelizzy. Criticism of Alison Mitchell is her voice, that's fairly important for a commentator imo.Our difference of opinion is some accept such comments as laddish, others regard them as mysogonist.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: full madone

What’s Italy got to do with it?
Yeh, you've gone back as far as 7 years and only 3 of your examples mention females. Brandon's post on Women on TMS is obviously a windup as is the obscene reference about legsidelizzy. Criticism of Alison Mitchell is her voice, that's fairly important for a commentator imo.Our difference of opinion is some accept such comments as laddish, others regard them as mysogonist.

And some people are incapable of sensible debate so they resort to name-calling and smileys.

I’ve tried to debate tokenism quite a few times with chunkylover, but he always seems to avoid it and go to his safe word.

Last edited:
Only 3 mention females? Have you not read them?

Going back 7 years...not that it matters, but I simply did a 30 second search for “TMS” and “Lizzy”

I can find many more if you like?

You can dress it up as laddish if you want. But it’s misogynistic drivel.

Only 3 mention females? Have you not read them?

Going back 7 years...not that it matters, but I simply did a 30 second search for “TMS” and “Lizzy”

I can find many more if you like?

You can dress it up as laddish if you want. But it’s misogynistic drivel.
Yeh, I've read them and only 3 that I see reference females. If only 3 appear over a 7 year period, it's isolated rather than rampant.
We differ in our interpretations, I regard it as tongue in cheek banter about female commentators whose delivery we dislike, you interpret as meaning that we hate women.

Yeh, I've read them and only 3 that I see reference females. If only 3 appear over a 7 year period, it's isolated rather than rampant.
We differ in our interpretations, I regard it as tongue in cheek banter about female commentators whose delivery we dislike, you interpret as meaning that we hate women.
All 7 of them reference women

And as I’ve said I’ll find you many more if you want?

You asked for evidence. I’ve given you plenty

All 7 of them reference women

And as I’ve said I’ll find you many more if you want?

You asked for evidence. I’ve given you plenty

Like Parky said, some include constructive criticisms - yet you aren’t willing to concede that.

Fancy a discussion on tokenism? Or are you going to ignore it again?

Which ones do you want me to qualify exactly? Quim is slang for vagina mate, do you take issue with my use of slang in general or that particular instance?
I didn’t know that vaginas had any relevance to cricket commentary

You’re using it in a derogatory manner because she is female.

Ditto, legs open Lizzy is implying she is a “slag”.

You’ll tell me you aren’t, but it’s not just me that sees it.

Get started on tokenism then.

Well you know the context in which it was intended I presume because you quoted it. So I'm not sure why you need it explaining. You could just look at the entire post and work it out, but seeing how we've already established you struggle with such things I'll elaborate - It was used to argue that the individual in question is where they are because of that dangerous and vile thing that is 'Tokenism'.

I got started donkeys ago, but you ignored it.

Do you think tokenism exists at the BBC and at Sky with regards to their commentary and punditry of male sports?

Ditto, legs open Lizzy is implying she is a “slag”.

You’ll tell me you aren’t, but it’s not just me that sees it.

Don't know if you've read any of Legsidelizzy's tweets but she's not adverse in the slightest in using obscenities, albeit asterisked, doubt then if she's offended by such implications.

Well you know the context in which it was intended I presume because you quoted it. So I'm not sure why you need it explaining. You could just look at the entire post and work it out, but seeing how we've already established you struggle with such things I'll elaborate - It was used to argue that the individual in question is where they are because of that dangerous and vile thing that is 'Tokenism'.

I got started donkeys ago, but you ignored it.

Do you think tokenism exists at the BBC and at Sky with regards to their commentary and punditry of male sports?
I struggle with such things. Fuck. Me :lol: if you resort to using “quim” to debate a point about tokenism, then it’s not me that lacks the mental capacity to have a debate.

Do I think tokenism exists? Sure there has been a push. But I actually think most of the female commentators/pundits are just as good as the men’s. There are good ones and bad ones. In both sexes. For every Agnew or Neville you get a Merson or a Swann. The same thing will happen with females.

Has female sport been pushed? Yes. Absolutely. But that’s a good thing as it’s been held back for years. And whilst there can be argument that it’s been overly pushed, sometimes it’s a requirement to allow something to build

Look at women’s football. On this very board, the World Cup thread had more posts than virtually any other post in the boards history. I see that the Manchester Derby yesterday has 31k attendees, and more are expected at another game today (I forget which).

That’s a function of exposure. The same thing will happen to women’s cricket. And it’s good to see.
Don't know if you've read any of Legsidelizzy's tweets but she's not adverse in the slightest in using obscenities, albeit asterisked, doubt then if she's offended by such implications.
There’s quite the difference between using the word fuck and c*** and being called a slag.

I also doubt she posts on here.
I struggle with such things. Fuck. Me :lol: if you resort to using “quim” to debate a point about tokenism, then it’s not me that lacks the mental capacity to have a debate.

Good grief. You've tossed aside the whole post over one inoffensive word used to describe a part of the female genitalia. Which for reference, was a word once used to describe the fluids secreted during orgasm. It is only modern parlance that has deemed it vulgar, but I doubt it would even need to be censored if seen on television or in print. So yes, you do struggle with such things and therein lies the proof. It was a simple post, quite an obvious point I was making but you chose to completely gloss over the whole thing because 'naughty Brandon used a bad boy word'.

Read the post again, but where you see any word beginning with the letter Q, change it in your mind to 'tuppence' and then critique it objectively like an adult.

Do I think tokenism exists? Sure there has been a push. But I actually think most of the female commentators/pundits are just as good as the men’s. There are good ones and bad ones. In both sexes. For every Agnew or Neville you get a Merson or a Swann. The same thing will happen with females.

Well that's up to you, personally I think every single one, with the exception of the aforementioned Aussie is dog shit. My other point was that the shit blokes get moved on once they get found out, whereas the shit women do not.

Nice politicians answer though, taking a simple question and giving a mealy mouthed answer which doesn't completely commit either way before running in a different direction.

I'll ask again, I'd appreciate a proper answer.

YES or NO, do you think tokenism exists at the BBC and at Sky with regards to their commentary and punditry of male sports?

Last edited:
I also doubt she posts on here.

Good grief. You've tossed aside the whole post over one inoffensive word used to describe a part of the female genitalia. Which for reference, was a word once used to describe the fluids secreted during orgasm. It is only modern parlance that has deemed it vulgar, but I doubt it would even need to be censored if seen on television or in print. So yes, you do struggle with such things and therein lies the proof. It was a simple post, quite an obvious point I was making but you chose to completely gloss over the whole thing because 'naughty Brandon used a bad boy word'.

Read the post again, but where you see any word beginning with the letter Q, change it in your mind to 'tuppence' and then critique it objectively like an adult.

Well that's up to you, personally I think every single one, with the exception of the aforementioned Aussie is dog shit. My other point was that the shit blokes get moved on once they get found out, whereas the shit women do not.

Nice politicians answer though, taking a simple question and giving a mealy mouthed answer which doesn't completely commit either way before running in a different direction.

I'll ask again, I'd appreciate a proper answer.

YES or NO, do you think tokenism exists at the BBC and at Sky with regards to their commentary and punditry of male sports?
It’s not a yes or no question. There is nuance, that I have articulated.

Has society moved on, where gender doesn’t stop you talking about a subject? Yes. 100%

Are the women as knowledgable as someone like Agnew? No, because he has been doing it for yonks. Are the women as good as someone like Vaughan? Yes. His analogy this morning about Roy being like an alcoholic put in a room full of booze was cringeworthy in the extreme.

As for your patronising bullshit at the start :lol:

It’s not a yes or no question. There is nuance, that I have articulated.

It absolutely is, because that's how I asked it.

For the THIRD time.

Are the women as knowledgable as someone like Agnew? No, because he has been doing it for yonks. Are the women as good as someone like Vaughan? Yes.

As for your patronising bullshit at the start :lol:

:lol:

Last edited:
f***ing hell, I’ve seen some shite on here down the years but this has to be up there.

That’s the Henry Blofeld who worked in cricket for over 50 years. The same bloke who was awarded an OBE for his services to broadcasting.

He will go down as one of the absolute greats of TMS and rightly so. I’ve never heard anyone paint a better picture of a ground or of a particular phase of play in my life and I include Richie Benaud in that.

The box-tickers on BBC and Sky aren’t fit to clean his f***ing mic nevermind speak into it.

Blofeld was hopeless as a commentator in the last ten years he was broadcasting and I don’t really recall him particularly good prior to that. He rarely used to know who was bowling, fielding the ball etc and constantly got things wrong and spent more time wittering on about pigeons because that was his schtick.

Blofeld was hopeless as a commentator in the last ten years he was broadcasting and I don’t really recall him particularly good prior to that. He rarely used to know who was bowling, fielding the ball etc and constantly got things wrong and spent more time wittering on about pigeons because that was his schtick.

And he’s been moved aside.......
Proving my point.

Has female sport been pushed? Yes. Absolutely. But that’s a good thing as it’s been held back for years. And whilst there can be argument that it’s been overly pushed, sometimes it’s a requirement to allow something to build

Look at women’s football. On this very board, the World Cup thread had more posts than virtually any other post in the boards history. I see that the Manchester Derby yesterday has 31k attendees, and more are expected at another game today (I forget which).

That’s a function of exposure. The same thing will happen to women’s cricket. And it’s good to see.

There’s quite the difference between using the word fuck and c*** and being called a slag.
You should know -you're the one who's used the f word and slag.

Back