Durham squad 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Latham??

Who actually deals with this shit for Durham? Cause if it's Harker we can't trust him with f***ing anything.

I've heard Latham is coming for the first half of the season with cook from South Africa replacing him for the back end

I've heard Latham is coming for the first half of the season with cook from South Africa replacing him for the back end

Coming where? Durham?

Be great if true, but I'd think Cook would prefer to come before SA Tour.....?!

Could work logistically, Latham up to June, Cook from July......

Leaving a gap with nobody in June - which is our busiest month :confused:.

Last edited:
That would be sensational like. I'll believe it when I see it.

Although South Africa play England July/August so surely the other way around?

Coming where? Durham?

Be great if true, but I'd think Cook would prefer to come before SA Tour.....?!

Could work logistically, Latham up to June, Cook from July......

Leaving a gap with nobody in June - which is our busiest month :confused:.
Cook coming from July would make no sense.

Yeah, you're right, I mixed the two up. Meant to have Cook coming first, because Latham will be playing in the Champions Trophy in the earlier half of summer. Plus Cook could get used to English conditions ahead of the Test Series starting July.

4th test finishes 8th August so having Cook for remainder of season would make sense. And Durham are playing mainly T20 in July and early August.

4th test finishes 8th August so having Cook for remainder of season would make sense. And Durham are playing mainly T20 in July and early August.
We play 1o championship fixtures by the first week of July.

As Brandon rightly pointed out Latham will be involved with the champions trophy. So little point if it's how @Carteron suggests. Hopefully it's the other way around.

But when it comes to Durham I very much doubt it.

Yeah, you're right, I mixed the two up. Meant to have Cook coming first, because Latham will be playing in the Champions Trophy in the earlier half of summer. Plus Cook could get used to English conditions ahead of the Test Series starting July.
Aye course.

I hope it's true. But the right way round. Jennings/Cook is a solid opening partnership for 9 games before the tests start.

Last edited:
Is this Latham lad the same we were linked with last year who ended up at kent? sure that was a tom latham or similar at least
Aye he also used to play for Durham Academy/2Xi a few years ago aswell as South Shields and Gateshead Fell in the NEPL.

Aye he also used to play for Durham Academy/2Xi a few years ago aswell as South Shields and Gateshead Fell in the NEPL.

didn't realise that when we were linked with him before. makes it even more of a surprise he signed for kent then.

how did he do last year, anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back