Durham squad 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would expect to see Hickey play a load more this season so could imagine a middle order packed with all rounders with him, Pringle, Coughlin etc

tbf we rarely have any pure batsmen so the middle order at least is usually all rounders.

be interesting to see if burnham bowls much this year, am told he is canny with the ball

I wonder if Latham will keep in limited overs cricket? I'd certainly look at the option given the limits of Richardson.

tbf we rarely have any pure batsmen so the middle order at least is usually all rounders.

be interesting to see if burnham bowls much this year, am told he is canny with the ball
What does he bowl?

I wonder if Latham will keep in limited overs cricket? I'd certainly look at the option given the limits of Richardson.
Ireland commitments permitting, I'd expect to see a lot more of Poynter in white ball cricket this year

If Latham is keeping for NZ atm theres no reason he wont pick up our gloves in the shorter format.
I thought Poynter looked good with the gloves last year ..... and of course Richardson took that amazing catch in the T20 finals day.
POynter seems like a big pudding.

& Richardsons batting is awful in limited over cricket and tbh, he has been poor in 4 day cricket.

If Latham is keeping for NZ atm theres no reason he wont pick up our gloves in the shorter format.

POynter seems like a big pudding.

& Richardsons batting is awful in limited over cricket and tbh, he has been poor in 4 day cricket.
Poynter is way more nimble than a pudding. Niether his imaginary puddingness nor his glovework will keep him out of the side, his batting will if anything.

Richardson didn't have a particularly good year last season with the bat, hence Poynter coming in to take the gloves allowing Richardson to concentrate on batting more. However in the last couple of seasons he wasn't that far away from 1000 runs.

Poynter is way more nimble than a pudding. Niether his imaginary puddingness nor his glovework will keep him out of the side, his batting will if anything.

Richardson didn't have a particularly good year last season with the bat, hence Poynter coming in to take the gloves allowing Richardson to concentrate on batting more. However in the last couple of seasons he wasn't that far away from 1000 runs.

you obviously weren't at the riverside for his [iirc] debut appearance.

stoneman went for a piss, poynter debuted at mid....off i believe possibly mid on.

batsman spoons it straight up, an absolutle pot pie and he shells it. the sort of catch i'd back a dead ferret to make.

classic.

as a caveat, i like him and hope he does well.

Iirc Richardson played some decent 1 day knocks towards end of season when Colonel left for Gloucs.

Iirc Richardson played some decent 1 day knocks towards end of season when Colonel left for Gloucs.

He did.

This is a big year for him, he is now a senior player and he needs to be more consistent.

you obviously weren't at the riverside for his [iirc] debut appearance.

stoneman went for a piss, poynter debuted at mid....off i believe possibly mid on.

batsman spoons it straight up, an absolutle pot pie and he shells it. the sort of catch i'd back a dead ferret to make.

classic.

as a caveat, i like him and hope he does well.
I'm pretty sure Poynter isn't a dead ferret tho actually being a dead ferret and a pudding at the same time would be a good trick to bring off.

I can't recall if I was there or not but I've seen enough to think he's a good wickie and I have confidence in him. Not sure who I think is a better wickie between Richardson and Poynter but Richie is the better batsman.

I'm pretty sure Poynter isn't a dead ferret tho actually being a dead ferret and a pudding at the same time would be a good trick to bring off.

I can't recall if I was there or not but I've seen enough to think he's a good wickie and I have confidence in him. Not sure who I think is a better wickie between Richardson and Poynter but Richie is the better batsman.

Like I say, hope he does well and seems a good.lad. Just one.of those.typical moments in front of your home crowd for thr first (iirc) time

Jennings, Cook, Burnham, Clark/Hickey, Richardson, Collingwood, Pringle, Coughlin, Carse, Onions, Rushworth

i don't think that looks particularly weak personally, especially against div 2 bowling. And a pretty special attack
Notts, at the Riverside on 14th April, could have an attack of Pattinson, Broad, Ball, Gurney and Patel !

Notts, at the Riverside on 14th April, could have an attack of Pattinson, Broad, Ball, Gurney and Patel !
If Broad is available then so will Stokes and Wood for Durham. So we would/could have Stokes, Wood, Onions and Rushworth in the same team.

If Broad is available then so will Stokes and Wood for Durham. So we would/could have Stokes, Wood, Onions and Rushworth in the same team.
Broad did not play the one day series against India and the West Indies and is not going to the IPL.
Certain Stokesy will not be available, but hope Woody is fit and needing games.
Could be a short game, on an early season Riverside track, if the two attacks are that strong !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back