Durham squad 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news if true, we certainly need reinforcements.

Any decent openers out there? Would love to see us get Dean Elgar - he won't be available all summer though.

Would like us to use the formula that whoever comes in can play all formats for the entire season. Not asking much I know.

Best off getting an Aussie or South African who won't play international cricket or IPL. Must be a good few who fit that criteria. Ideally an opener. 60-70k should do it.

Not sure how Nick Hobson has got on back over in aus anyone?

Back to back hundreds for our 2nds but that is about all I know of him
Played three 4 day games for WA U23's in October and November this year. Highest score of 56.
No sign of any "first team" cricket so far this winter, in any format.
Unless he is a regular "first class" cricketer he will not be able to be an "overseas" selection.
If he has a UK Passport, or qualifies for one, then he can play.

Played three 4 day games for WA U23's in October and November this year. Highest score of 56.
No sign of any "first team" cricket so far this winter, in any format.
Unless he is a regular "first class" cricketer he will not be able to be an "overseas" selection.
If he has a UK Passport, or qualifies for one, then he can play.

iirc he has some qualification, perhaps not a uk passport but links to get one, British nana or something similar. Could be wrong on that but seems familiar crack

So would i mate cant really see it happening if im honest, who do you reckon is available for a full season?

I'd be lying if I said I knew enough about who is out there really, Ed Cowan?

One out side the box name I thought was Darren Bravo. He has been axed by West Indies I think

I'd be lying if I said I knew enough about who is out there really, Ed Cowan?

One out side the box name I thought was Darren Bravo. He has been axed by West Indies I think
Aye think he was sacked by West Indies could be a good shout.

Tough one like most decent batmen in Australia already play for the test side or are young lads and most the older lads already have counties over here.

A Saffer might be the best option someone like Elgar but not sure how available he would be.

Aye think he was sacked by West Indies could be a good shout.

Tough one like most decent batmen in Australia already play for the test side or are young lads and most the older lads already have counties over here.

A Saffer might be the best option someone like Elgar but not sure how available he would be.

Saffer is mostly likely, as loads are leaving currently, especially the white lads.

Is Voges already tied up to Middlesex? Probably overly ambitious anyway

Saffer is mostly likely, as loads are leaving currently, especially the white lads.

Is Voges already tied up to Middlesex? Probably overly ambitious anyway
Think Voges is still with Middlesex.

Heres to hoping we can find another Benks :cool:

Great news if true, we certainly need reinforcements.

Any decent openers out there? Would love to see us get Dean Elgar - he won't be available all summer though.

Would like us to use the formula that whoever comes in can play all formats for the entire season. Not asking much I know.
That's the main target apparently, although seems to have the choice of a number of counties

So are we all agreed on the need for a batsman? Opener?
As at now so far as we know, our top three will consist of
Jennings, Cameron Steele and Graham Clark.

1 star who will be absent for the 2nd half of the season, 1 Absolute unknown and 1 who has opened for Durham but who's highest score (58) was at no 4 last September.

So, it's a dodgy 1, 2, 3 - but looking on the positive side of things Steele may settle in really well and Clarke's only 23 and this season may be the making of him.

But yeah, the top order does need reinforcement.

Being devil's advocate.

Promotion to Div 1 is going to be difficult, to me it seems for all the world as if the figure of 48 points deduction was designed to almost ensure 2nd Div cricket for more than 1 season. Perhaps we should look on this season as a building season and give Steele and Clark time to grow into their roles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back