Donald Leaving Twitter (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its bang out of order if he's received abuse/threats. However, I haven't seen one such example from last night.

And twitter is now rammed full of people supporting him saying what a disgrace it is the abuse he must have received is...

Someone must've caught a screenshot of an abussive tweet that he received before the twitter stazi deleted it. Can anyone confirm they've seen such tweets?

I think we are looking at potentially a very very tiny minority of fans mixed in with some mags tweeting him

Someone must've caught a screenshot of an abussive tweet that he received before the twitter stazi deleted it. Can anyone confirm they've seen such tweets?

I think we are looking at potentially a very very tiny minority of fans mixed in with some mags tweeting him

I looked earlier and couldnt find anything.

Closest thing to a threat was 'if you hire Ainsworth you will see the biggest backlash of the club'.

I'm presuming it must be by DM so must have been a bus load of psychopaths he's helped and followed.

@Bamber

Methven lays into our support at Wembley (what he said was right, but he shouldn’t be saying it)
The support was poor, but you are correct, it wasn't a PR masterstroke to tell us that

Don Suggested that we are the in the best financial position in english football, then took a massive loan out.
I am fairly sure this was to do with cashflow - its a common thing in many large businesses - we had bills to pay and money to receive, unfortunately the bills were due before the money was coming in. It doesn't mean the business is unsustainable.

Both backed Ross to the hilt in the immediate aftermath of the Play Offs only to realise 5 months later it wasnt working.
I'd expect the owners to publicly back the manager whatever they felt, but I think the polls on here showed the majority of people here felt the same way - our early polls clearly had a majority thinking Ross should be given more time. Just before he was sacked it was clear that the majority no longer had any faith in him.

Don been recorded saying he’ll get Roy Keane in, which has created a fan frenzy wanting him back. Creating an anticlimax when its someone else.
In an off-the-cuff and off record jocular comment in a pub, not on the record, and where we don't know the context, although I am sure he regrets ever saying it now.

His unofficial media partner RR essentially announced the takeover, only for Charlie to deny it ever happened.
No denying that one.
It’s a common thing in business to borrow half of their turnover to ease cash flow ?

I looked earlier and couldnt find anything.

Closest thing to a threat was 'if you hire Ainsworth you will see the biggest backlash of the club'.

I'm presuming it must be by DM so must have been a bus load of psychopaths he's helped and followed.

Ah so if he's not following them they can't message him abuse so it would have to be in the open for all to see?

It’s a common thing in business to borrow half of their turnover to ease cash flow ?

Football clubs aren't normal businesses (the SBC loan, when taken out was roughly 70% of turnover). Their cash flow is extremely "lumpy", and tends to involve large flows at irregular intervals, particularly where transfer instalments are involved. In this case, as it was unsecured, there's no definitive evidence of exactly what happened. The figure mentioned was £12m, but it's unclear whether that was a facility (ie a maximum amount available) or an actual loan received in April. It was said at the last RAWA meeting that it was probably larger than it really needed to be, and the timing was at a point where cash flow in would be at its lowest. The loan was repayable by the end of August, and in May/June, when the meeting took place, the expectation was that it was repaid early. It's not like this is something that will be hanging around for years to come. Apparently the interest rate was also lower than would have been paid on a conventional overdraft. it wasn't something that concerned me greatly at the time, and that's still the case.

Its shocking if he has threats made as he has said on twitter before he left to the point where he us saying he has been advised to get bodyguards or stay away, excellent advertising for our club with any potential new owner, yanks or not! People should be ashamed, shout your not happy o the terraces but threats is ridiculous hope they get banned, cany remember anyone threatening short!

Its shocking if he has threats made as he has said on twitter before he left to the point where he us saying he has been advised to get bodyguards or stay away, excellent advertising for our club with any potential new owner, yanks or not! People should be ashamed, shout your not happy o the terraces but threats is ridiculous hope they get banned, cany remember anyone threatening short!
Aye. If they tweet him everyone can see it. They can only DM him if he follows them.

I'm guessing we have quite an active fanbase on twitter but I can't imagine he follows each and every SAFC fan but nobody on here yet has came forward to say they've seen these threats?!

I'm guessing we have quite an active fanbase on twitter but I can't imagine he follows each and every SAFC fan but nobody on here yet has came forward to say they've seen these threats?!
There is no evidence of abuse or threats aimed at him last night. You can search his name and see what's been sent. But that's not to say tweets haven't been deleted.

Football clubs aren't normal businesses (the SBC loan, when taken out was roughly 70% of turnover). Their cash flow is extremely "lumpy", and tends to involve large flows at irregular intervals, particularly where transfer instalments are involved. In this case, as it was unsecured, there's no definitive evidence of exactly what happened. The figure mentioned was £12m, but it's unclear whether that was a facility (ie a maximum amount available) or an actual loan received in April. It was said at the last RAWA meeting that it was probably larger than it really needed to be, and the timing was at a point where cash flow in would be at its lowest. The loan was repayable by the end of August, and in May/June, when the meeting took place, the expectation was that it was repaid early. It's not like this is something that will be hanging around for years to come. Apparently the interest rate was also lower than would have been paid on a conventional overdraft. it wasn't something that concerned me greatly at the time, and that's still the case.

Thanks for that. What’s your opinion or knowledge on any movement of money between SAFC and Madrox, particularly with Methven saying that (parachute payments?) would be discounted from any sale price. It sounds like there’s little hope of the football club seeing that money any time soon or if at all.

Is it just a case of waiting for the accounts to be published to get the full picture?

There is no evidence of abuse or threats aimed at him last night. You can search his name and see what's been sent. But that's not to say tweets haven't been deleted.

I was online when the story came out and when Donald first responded and up until he said he was closing his account, didn't see any particularly bad tweets to him (and you can rest assured if there were any they'd have been very quickly retweeted loads of times. He might have had DMs like, but again only people he follows could send him them.

I see Gav from Roker Report has randomly stopped using his personal Twitter account as well tonight, probably not linked like

I was online when the story came out and when Donald first responded and up until he said he was closing his account, didn't see any particularly bad tweets to him (and you can rest assured if there were any they'd have been very quickly retweeted loads of times. He might have had DMs like, but again only people he follows could send him them.

I see Gav from Roker Report has randomly stopped using his personal Twitter account as well tonight, probably not linked like

Noticed that as well.

Thanks for that. What’s your opinion or knowledge on any movement of money between SAFC and Madrox, particularly with Methven saying that (parachute payments?) would be discounted from any sale price. It sounds like there’s little hope of the football club seeing that money any time soon or if at all.

Is it just a case of waiting for the accounts to be published to get the full picture?

A sale should resolve it. Methven at least implied that the money would come back in from new owners by being incorporated into any selling price.

A sale should resolve it. Methven at least implied that the money would come back in from new owners by being incorporated into any selling price.

Yep, hopefully... the burning question is if they don’t sell and can’t get suitable investment will that money ever make it back to the club?

I logged in yesterday, having avoided Twitter for most of the weekend, to find three messages of abuse - mild, but still abuse - from people I've never met before in my life. I reckon I'm pretty thick skinned but I just thought, what's the f***ing point? I still enjoy twitter and will have a different account but I'll only use it for following the various footy/boxing/MMA accounts I check in with daily, plus to interact with friends.

I daren't look on the RR account. Last time I did the mentions were full of people having a go. Thankfully there's another lad who looks after that so there's no need for me to check! :lol:

I logged in yesterday, having avoided Twitter for most of the weekend, to find three messages of abuse - mild, but still abuse - from people I've never met before in my life. I reckon I'm pretty thick skinned but I just thought, what's the f***ing point? I still enjoy twitter and will have a different account but I'll only use it for following the various footy/boxing/MMA accounts I check in with daily, plus to interact with friends.

I daren't look on the RR account. Last time I did the mentions were full of people having a go. Thankfully there's another lad who looks after that so there's no need for me to check! :lol:

No I can quite understand that mate! I was getting random abuse off one twat on Twitter, that pissed me off enough but at least I can just block the bellend, must be shit when you're getting loads of abuse, especially when your personal details are so well known. There's a lot of miserable, hate filled wankers on Twitter and the likes. Really hope the manager and investment situations are finalised soon so everyone can just move on, been toxic the last few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back