Donald Leaving Twitter (again)

Every celebrity gets shit on Twitter your talking about a minority I’m not been negative you been very naive if you don’t think he’s leaving when we are a few days away from appointing a manager
Well going by all the forums I have witnessed, he is going to get even more abuse regardless of who is appointed. However, I still believe it is the personal abuse and threats that he is getting now is why he has given up on it..

Well going by all the forums I have witnessed, he is going to get even more abuse regardless of who is appointed. However, I still believe it is the personal abuse and threats that he is getting now is why he has given up on it..
He needs to man up it’s a minority and part of been in the public eye right or wrong , is he going to stop going to the match because there is plenty of dickheads get there who haven’t got a clue about football ?! It’s no co incidence he’s about to appoint a manager prob a one that’s the cheapest option out of the bunch and not a popular choice with the fans

He needs to man up it’s a minority and part of been in the public eye right or wrong , is he going to stop going to the match because there is plenty of dickheads get there who haven’t got a clue about football ?! It’s no co incidence he’s about to appoint a manager prob a one that’s the cheapest option out of the bunch and not a popular choice with the fans
Having threats made to him and his family is far more serious than needing to man up.. No excuse for these mindless morons who are doing this..

Very interested if it does go tits up here and he has thousands of fans outside the main stand singing sack the board etc which has happened at this club and other clubs up and down the country, what his reactions would be then. Seems to me he loves the attention when it suits him but really do wonder how he would cope if it really goes tits up. This is where i think he is small time and ia suited to clubs like non league eastleigh.

The chairman nor any of the board should not be on social media giving opinions, about new/present players, tactics, goals, club strategy, etc. in reality they should be kept confidential and within the club itself. I even felt uncomfortable with the chairman Q&A sessions, now I can see what he was trying to do, but really have to question if he should have been doing it, or even if it is common sense with a club of our size. Could you imagine Brian Clough or say Roy Keane being manager and tolerating information or promises to the fans being made. The bottom line no chairman will ever keep all the fans happy all the time, that is the territory he is in.

I believe that the less said by the board (& club officials) the better, a simple press statement when we sign someone or do something worthwhile. Anything else has to be questionable and I think it takes from the long term project. Even the takeover, it would have been far better had nothing been said, no invites into the chairmans box, no leaked information until it has been done and dusted, we all can see what has occurred with the present situation.

Now getting players in the community, working with the unemployed, the disadvantaged, companies, that surely would be a far better endeavour and we do this well.

Lessons should have been learned last season, no matter how the season was spun, ultimately it was failure. It proves how resilient and faithful the fans are with still 30k showing, but I do envisage a lot less being in their seats in 2020-21 season if we are not in the championship.

Selection of the right manager is imperative, and that choice has to be made around the type of football and strategic nous the incumbent will have, unfortunately some on the shortlist seem not to align with my humble opinion here.

just thoughts,

The chairman nor any of the board should not be on social media giving opinions, about new/present players, tactics, goals, club strategy, etc. in reality they should be kept confidential and within the club itself. I even felt uncomfortable with the chairman Q&A sessions, now I can see what he was trying to do, but really have to question if he should have been doing it, or even if it is common sense with a club of our size. Could you imagine Brian Clough or say Roy Keane being manager and tolerating information or promises to the fans being made. The bottom line no chairman will ever keep all the fans happy all the time, that is the territory he is in.

I believe that the less said by the board (& club officials) the better, a simple press statement when we sign someone or do something worthwhile. Anything else has to be questionable and I think it takes from the long term project. Even the takeover, it would have been far better had nothing been said, no invites into the chairmans box, no leaked information until it has been done and dusted, we all can see what has occurred with the present situation.

Now getting players in the community, working with the unemployed, the disadvantaged, companies, that surely would be a far better endeavour and we do this well.

Lessons should have been learned last season, no matter how the season was spun, ultimately it was failure. It proves how resilient and faithful the fans are with still 30k showing, but I do envisage a lot less being in their seats in 2020-21 season if we are not in the championship.

Selection of the right manager is imperative, and that choice has to be made around the type of football and strategic nous the incumbent will have, unfortunately some on the shortlist seem not to align with my humble opinion here.

just thoughts,
The issue is he has opened himself up to threats however when fans do disagree with him or challange him on the takeover or the appointment of the Manager it becomes personal unfortunately he does not understand how much our club means to all of us he has to see he is only the custodian.

Naturally, everything you have just posted here is utter guff!

Is there anything SAFC related, you can bring yourself to be slightly positive about... ever?

You're quiet like a mouse when things are going well and vocal like a dark rain cloud when they aren't. It's like a drug to you (and your brethren)!

Ha'way man, get a grip!

My previous post is not negative in anyway and is fact......If you're happy with the current situation and the owners, good for you!

As I said on other thread perhaps Mr Donald and Mr Methven put too much emphasise on social media (or perhaps Im getting old!!).

In the 'real' world I do not get much anti owner sentiment. In social media world the 1% of idiots can have the same effect as 99% of sensible fans. Im sure Mr Donald and Mr Methven appreciate that but if I had opportunity to chat to them I would remind them of that and put the disgusting threats and insults into perspective - some are without doubt mags and wums.

We under estimate the power of the 'establishment' in the North East. The mags and the newcastle mafia press are are seething at the potential new investment possibly coming our way....they will do anything to put a spoke in our wheel...the amount of sh+te been stirred against us as supporters, the club and owners can not be over estimated. Our fans need to be wary of this when reading newspaper reports and watching local tv etc.

We do need to get the MSD deal over the line asap and can get a manager in to get us up this season. With the MSD investment who knows what we can achieve. If Mr Donald and Mr Methven achieve that they should never need to buy a drink in Sunderland again.

Last edited:

A lot of supporters (I use that term loosely) crossed the line recently and its no surprise SD has come off twitter. If he sells the club, I'd actually like to see him take legal action against some people as frankly they are a disgrace

just thoughts,
I now have serious doubts about whether this club is too big for the current owners to handle....SD & CM have handled a lot of the general day to day running out side of the playing arean fairly decently , only these last two months have they been found to be not proficient in handling the media. On the playing side, i think we can all see now, that they have not been up to scratch and appear to have placed people in trusted position on the manergerial side who are also not up to the job... Stewie & Chas stated when they bought the club that the quote "piss taking stops here". That lads, alas ,works both ways. I hope that they both have a rethink because at the minute the closest we are to the "Dortmund model" they stated they wanted to adopt is that Daniel Strendel is on our shopping list. It would be stupid to appoint anyone other than Strendel (him having worked at Dortmund) if this is still the case.

Last edited:
Donald isn’t daft. It goes without saying. He knew he would be getting pelters for giving Parkinson the managers job.

Plus it speaks volumes on the investment front now he’s off Twitter. Without reading the whole thread. I bet I’m the hundredth person to say that.

Donald isn’t daft. It goes without saying. He knew he would be getting pelters for giving Parkinson the managers job.

Plus it speaks volumes on the investment front now he’s off Twitter. Without reading the whole thread. I bet I’m the hundredth person to say that.

Tbf, he got away with his first underwhelming appointment by giving a load of spin about how the fans would love Jack Ross and his attacking style of football. This is a big decision for him, I suspect the fans will turn on him before Parkinson if things keep going South.....

Tbf, he got away with his first underwhelming appointment by giving a load of spin about how the fans would love Jack Ross and his attacking style of football. This is a big decision for him, I suspect the fans will turn on him before Parkinson if things keep going South.....
To be honest mate. It feels like a lot of the fans have already turned on Donald. It’s fair to say the jury is definitely out on him. People are no longer lapping up what he has to say. It’s now been scrutinised a lot more.

I do believe him coming off Twitter was the right decision. However, I do/would miss the Podcasts if he stopped them all together.

To be honest mate. It feels like a lot of the fans have already turned on Donald. It’s fair to say the jury is definitely out on him. People are no longer lapping up what he has to say. It’s now been scrutinised a lot more.

I do believe him coming off Twitter was the right decision. However, I do/would miss the Podcasts if he stopped them all together.

I agree, but there is clearly an element here of someone who can't take the rough with the smooth which is worrying as he has our club by the short and curlys.

Back