Donald Leaving Twitter (again)

It's not Eastleigh and he operates with that mentality......This is a huge club and it's a bit out of his depth, he also underestimates the knowledge of supporters!

How does he operate it with the 'Eastleigh' mentality? And how does he underestimate the knowledge of supporters?

Generally curious to hear more about what you have to say.
I made two points over the weekend, one that he's got Chris Waters there to do the job he tries to do himself and the other being that I can't understand why when the Sun story broke Donald's first reaction at midnight on a Saturday night was to head to twitter to see what the fans' reaction to it was.

They're hiring extra help for Chris Waters too.

Such a shame that the large minority of prats in our support have now forced the owner of our club off Twitter. We can argue all day about whether or not he should be on there but personally I enjoyed the powers that be being more open with the fans. It was great to see him shoot down fake news and best of all him using social media for stuff such as helping fans get to the game when their bus had broken down etc...

That's all gone now, well done. 👍

Such a shame that the large minority of prats in our support have now forced the owner of our club off Twitter. We can argue all day about whether or not he should be on there but personally I enjoyed the powers that be being more open with the fans. It was great to see him shoot down fake news and best of all him using social media for stuff such as helping fans get to the game when their bus had broken down etc...

That's all gone now, well done. 👍
He’s leaving Twitter because he’s just about to appoint the cheapest shitest manager available and will get loads of stick

He’s leaving Twitter because he’s just about to appoint the cheapest shitest manager available and will get loads of stick

If Mourinho put himself forward for the job I’m sure SD would appoint him. Unfortunately we are in League 1 and will appoint a League 1 manager. I’m not especially enamoured with the names we are linked with but I’m a realist.

If you were expecting anything different then you’re living In cloud cuckoo land.

Some people on here seem to be behaving the ways mags did with Rafa. Donald can't do anything wrong and they are completely blinded. Some may be frightened he wont come back on their podcast

We still have The SAFC Supporters Liaison person (Chris Waters) on twitter for just that sort of thing.

He also gets on here @SAFC SLO if anyone isn't using twitter and of course can be emailed : [email protected]

Problem is Chris, lovely lad though he is, gets overwhelmed with the amount of stuff he has to do, although he does has more staff now.

No.. he's leaving twitter because he is getting abuse from dickheads and will appoint a manager that we can afford and will not put is back in debt.. Everyone mentioned so far has been dismissed as useless by many, and whoever comes will not stand a hope in hells chance of succeeding with the cloud of negativity that hangs over the place like a bad smell.

Problem is Chris, lovely lad though he is, gets overwhelmed with the amount of stuff he has to do, although he does has more staff now.

Agreed, but at least it his his job and he can dedicate time to it. I'd rather he did that and reported relevant things to SD than SD doing it when he has a whole bunch of other things that need dealing with.
The fact we have been recruiting someone to work with him means the club recognise this and how important the fan liaison side of things is.

How does he operate it with the 'Eastleigh' mentality? And how does he underestimate the knowledge of supporters?

Generally curious to hear more about what you have to say.

They're hiring extra help for Chris Waters too.

The club is run with a small time mentality, a lack of ambition and with very little professionalism.....He underestimate's the knowledge of supporters, with 100 point videos, press fob offs, PR spins and doing the opposite of what he say's.

The club is run with a small time mentality, a lack of ambition and with very little professionalism.....He underestimate's the knowledge of supporters, with 100 point videos, press fob offs, PR spins and doing the opposite of what he say's.

Naturally, everything you have just posted here is utter guff!

Is there anything SAFC related, you can bring yourself to be slightly positive about... ever?

You're quiet like a mouse when things are going well and vocal like a dark rain cloud when they aren't. It's like a drug to you (and your brethren)!

Ha'way man, get a grip!

No.. he's leaving twitter because he is getting abuse from dickheads and will appoint a manager that we can afford and will not put is back in debt.. Everyone mentioned so far has been dismissed as useless by many, and whoever comes will not stand a hope in hells chance of succeeding with the cloud of negativity that hangs over the place like a bad smell.
Every celebrity gets shit on Twitter your talking about a minority I’m not been negative you been very naive if you don’t think he’s leaving when we are a few days away from appointing a manager
If Mourinho put himself forward for the job I’m sure SD would appoint him. Unfortunately we are in League 1 and will appoint a League 1 manager. I’m not especially enamoured with the names we are linked with but I’m a realist.

If you were expecting anything different then you’re living In cloud cuckoo land.
Did I say that ! I’m saying it will be the cheapest option from the list available Phil Parkinson

Last edited:

Back