Donald Leaving Twitter (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really hope the Sun story isn't true though. I want it to be lies, but there's a nagging doubt as it all fits in place. If so SD's pledge that he wasn't putting himself before the club in the negotiations might come back to haunt him.
He may have to fall on his own sword on this.

Same, it's very very disappointing if it is and we lose out on the American takeover because of this.

Ironically and slightly off topic but this is something I have raised at many discussions about the North East in general. Yes we have had some shit support from politicians and governments etc but we do undersell the region terribly. We have great hospitals, great theatres, great history, great coastal beaches, well supported football teams some excellent businesses - just last week a Sunderland business rescued Thomas Cook branches - yet we fail to sell this well.

I prefer the great non-coastal beaches.

Ironically and slightly off topic but this is something I have raised at many discussions about the North East in general. Yes we have had some shit support from politicians and governments etc but we do undersell the region terribly. We have great hospitals, great theatres, great history, great coastal beaches, well supported football teams some excellent businesses - just last week a Sunderland business rescued Thomas Cook branches - yet we fail to sell this well.

Whilst I agree I am in my forties and I doubt much of that appeals to your average 20 something footballer. I mean realistically we're also an hour from North Yorkshire and some lovely areas and scenery too (which also puts Boro and Leeds in a prime position).

Well said.

Way the world is these days. Dead easy to abuse people from behind a keyboard or a mobile phone. Not saying it’s right mind you. If you are in a high profile position and your on Twitter you ll have arse kissers and wankers taking aim at you.

Indeed. People act the big’un from behind a keyboard as they don’t think any rules apply.

Stewart Donald and Co bought the club using parachute payments so they only spent a small amount themselves buying the club. They knew if they could improve the mood around the place and get us promoted if sold they could make themselves a lot of money. It’s not worked out like that and the gamble has back fired badly obviously with the stick. I don’t think there bad people and they want the best for the club and people are within their right to defend them but people are making them out like they haven’t made any mistakes whilst they’ve been here. For me putting deadlines on things has been one of many ie the takeover and Maja contract. It just leads to extra pressure on that timescale and if things don’t fit that time period it makes them look amateurish. Obviously, been to open has also lead to more bad than good. If SD had just kept his mouth shut then this speculation and eventual anger would never have happened, unfortunately, I think he’s got a bit carried away and ran his mouth off to RR and ALS. He was quick to take the praise when things were going well and was lapping it up but you can’t expect to take the good without the bad. That’s not to say personal threat to him or his family is excusable but he can’t expect people to just lick his arse 24/7.

I said it was inevitable from the start. Surprised he came back after the first time.

Sadly, we have a sizable chunk of fans who find being arsey as some kind of hobby. Tbh, I think that mentality is a northern thing, revelling in things going wrong.

And twitter is far too close to the knuckle for those things to work out

This continued conjecture is doing no one any good. Heated arguments about something that may or may not have happened. What's happened to a constructive discussion of a more convivial manner. By all means get your point over but here we are arguing in the dark.

Has anyone seen any tweets of vicious abuse? It seems to me that whenever there are tough questions being asked there is a disappearing act and abuse is the reason given.

He's signed up to tiktok apparently.
Has anyone seen any tweets of vicious abuse? It seems to me that whenever there are tough questions being asked there is a disappearing act and abuse is the reason given.
No they haven't. Said myself earlier that it's important that people are prosecuted if they have made threats because these things can't remain unsubstantiated. Same with last time.

Last edited:
Good. As long as the owner is on social media, including RR and RTG, then there will be a propaganda war. Its become very noticeable how this site has been far less tolerant of any criticism of the current owner than they were of the previous one. Could it be because the current owner was happy to pop in for an "exclusive" when the previous one gave no interviews?

Its bang out of order if he's received abuse/threats. However, I haven't seen one such example from last night.

And twitter is now rammed full of people supporting him saying what a disgrace it is the abuse he must have received is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back