Donald Leaving Twitter (again)

No I can quite understand that mate! I was getting random abuse off one twat on Twitter, that pissed me off enough but at least I can just block the bellend, must be shit when you're getting loads of abuse, especially when your personal details are so well known. There's a lot of miserable, hate filled wankers on Twitter and the likes. Really hope the manager and investment situations are finalised soon so everyone can just move on, been toxic the last few weeks

Whether deserved or not, I have a gaggle of Sunderland fans on twitter who appear to just sit and wait to pounce on owt I say. Pointless even leaving myself open to it really.

What is it with Twitter that makes it the domain of cowardly wankers?

I don't use it but every time I click on something linked to it, you can guarantee there'll be someone being particularly unpleasant just for the sake of it

What is it with Twitter that makes it the domain of cowardly wankers?

I don't use it but every time I click on something linked to it, you can guarantee there'll be someone being particularly unpleasant just for the sake of it

I could (should) probably name and shame at least ten people who are just permanently f***ing vile and only exist to belittle and bully people on twitter.
Logon or register to see this image

Case in point, I probably read daft messages like this at least 10-15 times a day. Imagine taking the time to tweet that?

Last edited:
I could (should) probably name and shame at least ten people who are just permanently f***ing vile and only exist to belittle and bully people on twitter.
Logon or register to see this image

Case in point, I probably read daft messages like this at least 10-15 times a day. Imagine taking the time to tweet that?
Name and shame the berks. Everyone should be held accountable for their own actions, and if they don't know how to respectfully communicate with people in society then their rights to communicate via social media should be revoked.

Send them Back to School or anger management

Twitter can be a vile place and I've some of the abuse people get and it's wrong. We just have to look at racial abuse Abraham and Rashford have got.

But I find it very suspicious that on the night the Sun broke a story about him holding up the takeover he goes on another Twitter holiday.

Maybe he has been getting abuse but he has played this card too often. When the stories came out about the £10m loan he left Twitter, when Cattermole left and the Campbell deal collapsed he deleted his Twitter account and now this.

I'm sorry but this is just another example why people are turning against him.

Twitter can be a vile place and I've some of the abuse people get and it's wrong. We just have to look at racial abuse Abraham and Rashford have got.

But I find it very suspicious that on the night the Sun broke a story about him holding up the takeover he goes on another Twitter holiday.

Maybe he has been getting abuse but he has played this card too often. When the stories came out about the £10m loan he left Twitter, when Cattermole left and the Campbell deal collapsed he deleted his Twitter account and now this.

Here's a tweet that was posted before he left...

** Mod edit image removed for obvious reasons **

I agree that it's best he's not on there but he hasn't just made the abuse up, I've seen all kinds of shit aimed at him over a period of time, he should have stayed off twitter after the first time he deleted it

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a thought, after all those things you mention will have been when the abuse is at it's highest for him. He's every right to come off. Hope he stays off as well.

I agree that it's best he's not on there but he hasn't just made the abuse up, I've seen all kinds of shit aimed at him over a period of time, he should have stayed off twitter after the first time he deleted it

That is horrendous.

thats pathetic, no need for it

I've said it a 1000's of times that he should stop acting like a fan and like a chairman. And I would call that abuse. It isn't pleasant but I've seen worse and had worse said to me.

Common sense would tell you why those were the times he thought enough was enough like.
Just a thought, after all those things you mention will have been when the abuse is at it's highest for him. He's every right to come off. Hope he stays off as well.
Common sense. ^^

I've said for a little while now that he needed to come off Twitter. Not because of anything he's done, but because unfortunately too many people abuse the fact they can just fire him a message. If all he was doing is helping fans out with concerns and providing us with clarity on things that need to be said then that's great, but over time people have taken the mick out of his good nature. That, and I'm not comfortable that it's the most professional way of dealing with things. Replying to tweets about the takeover last Tuesday was the wrong thing to do - addressing them via a club statement a few days later was the right thing to do, and I hope that from now on that's how they do it, through the club website.

If all he was doing is helping fans out with concerns and providing us with clarity on things that need to be said then that's great.

We still have The SAFC Supporters Liaison person (Chris Waters) on twitter for just that sort of thing.

He also gets on here @SAFC SLO if anyone isn't using twitter and of course can be emailed : [email protected]

On par with his running of the club, totally unprofessional.....

May I ask why you think he runs the club unprofessionally?
We still have The SAFC Supporters Liaison person (Chris Waters) on twitter for just that sort of thing.

He also gets on here @SAFC SLO if anyone isn't using twitter and of course can be emailed : [email protected]

Chris is fantastic, and really helpful.

I've said for a little while now that he needed to come off Twitter. Not because of anything he's done, but because unfortunately too many people abuse the fact they can just fire him a message. If all he was doing is helping fans out with concerns and providing us with clarity on things that need to be said then that's great, but over time people have taken the mick out of his good nature. That, and I'm not comfortable that it's the most professional way of dealing with things. Replying to tweets about the takeover last Tuesday was the wrong thing to do - addressing them via a club statement a few days later was the right thing to do, and I hope that from now on that's how they do it, through the club website.

I made two points over the weekend, one that he's got Chris Waters there to do the job he tries to do himself and the other being that I can't understand why when the Sun story broke Donald's first reaction at midnight on a Saturday night was to head to twitter to see what the fans' reaction to it was.

Back