Does it get any worse

Cheers, Sid, la. It did. He told me last night that the lymphoma had not spread into his chest & that the tumour in his stomach had reduced in size by more than half. He's due another session of chemotherapy today, but said he'll be skipping in with a smile! Thanks for showing concern. Much appreciated.
No problem. Really pleased to hear the good news. Keep on keeping on thecloughywobble's marra.

Looks like no investment or takeover,9th in the 3rd tier, lacklustre new managerial appointment, rumours of no scouting network.

Is this a new low point in our history from which we will kick on or will be plumb even lower depths?

Every month since failing to get automatic promotion brings a new low point in our history and it's been gradually getting worse ever since. Hopefully Parkinson can halt the slide and turn us around, we may get worse first before he or someone else does though

Wait until the asset stripping starts

The owners are going to sell off parts of the business to pay themselves dividends? News to me, and also illegal until the club's accumulated losses are cleared and there are distributable reserves. Unless, of course, you don't know what asset stripping is (the clue is in my first sentence).
Sold as apartments imo.

On green belt? That'll be interesting.

Last edited:
No problem. Really pleased to hear the good news. Keep on keeping on thecloughywobble's marra.
Nice one, Sid, la. He's physically fit (ex professional sportsman) & has a great attitude, which I think both help. But any & arl positive vibes gratefully accepted! It's yet another an area of human knowledge that's quite sparse, the interaction between mind & body, but I believe (without much, if any, proof) that they (mind & body) are really one & the same & I think that's where conventional Western medical science sometimes falls short.

Read the post mate. It's a statement of facts then a question.
"Looks like no investment or takeover,9th in the 3rd tier, lacklustre new managerial appointment, rumours of no scouting network ..."

It isn't a statement of facts. 'Looks like' is an opinion. 'Lacklustre' is your judgemental opinion. 'Rumours' is too vague to be a fact without supporting evidence.

IS being in League 1 really a more attractive proposition for investors? A minimum of two years away from Premier League football? Sounds a bit of a fallacy to me.
Remind me of all the other league 1 teams that can attract gates of 30,000+ punters and many other fans to whom you can sell product and merchandise if you make improvements to the business.

If we aren't attractive at all, why are business people interested in taking us on. Most business people will look to maximise their gain and their chances of making that gain. There's plenty out there.

I'm wondering if some of the issue is with paying off Ellis if we do get some success back. Now that may be more difficult to overcome.

Back