Does it get any worse

Of course it could be worse. We could be a Bolton or a Bury.

We’ve just appointed a proven League One manager with a track record of getting promotion out of this league on a shoestring budget.

Even if we had money, we couldn’t use it due to FFP so the takeover happening or not happening, doesn’t really matter at this stage.

If we were top of the league by 10 points, we’d still be in the lowest position in the clubs history 🤷🏻‍♂️

IS being in League 1 really a more attractive proposition for investors? A minimum of two years away from Premier League football? Sounds a bit of a fallacy to me.
Sleeping giant? SD got us on the cheap. The next level investor will get us on the cheap too knowing the potential we have to get back to the prem.

Fuckin' hell, it's 1996 again.
We know where we are at. "If" this takeover/investment is off then so be it but the fact that someone like Michael Dell have shown real interest highlights the fact that we are a decent proposition for someone. I think we all knew SD wasn't in it for the long term and certainly doesn't have the finance to fund is back in the Prem. I think he has done far more good than bad for our club.

Back