Does it get any worse

Remind me of all the other league 1 teams that can attract gates of 30,000+ punters and many other fans to whom you can sell product and merchandise if you make improvements to the business.

If we aren't attractive at all, why are business people interested in taking us on. Most business people will look to maximise their gain and their chances of making that gain. There's plenty out there.

I'm wondering if some of the issue is with paying off Ellis if we do get some success back. Now that may be more difficult to overcome.
Did I say we weren't attractive at all? And I couldn't give a shiny shite about other League 1 clubs, I'm on about us compared to the fifty odd club's above us in the League. Being in League 1 by definition alone is not a very attractive proposition.

Anyone but Ross
Anyone but Coleman
Anyone but Grayson
Anyone but Moyes

Anyone but Donald
Anyone but Short

It's almost like the people that constantly complain about those in charge haven't got a clue. Who'da thunk it?!
Can we not have a separate wristslasher forum for these people, 'cos they really show this forum up. It's embarrassing.

Of course it could be worse. We could be a Bolton or a Bury.

We’ve just appointed a proven League One manager with a track record of getting promotion out of this league on a shoestring budget.

Even if we had money, we couldn’t use it due to FFP so the takeover happening or not happening, doesn’t really matter at this stage.

If we were top of the league by 10 points, we’d still be in the lowest position in the clubs history 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bury haven't dropped from the Premier though, a third division club going out of business isn't that much of a shock.
I wouldn't say Bolton are as big as us either, had a few seasons where they were punching above their weight under Big sam.

Third tier of English football. The real shitty end.

True. Far worse for me. Not sure how that relates to safc’s turgid plight.
the headline question was does it get any worse...
re turgid plight ... we could do a bury FC

i'm seeing the current regime as one hoping to line its pockets through sale/investment BTW

Last edited:
Did I say we weren't attractive at all? And I couldn't give a shiny shite about other League 1 clubs, I'm on about us compared to the fifty odd club's above us in the League. Being in League 1 by definition alone is not a very attractive proposition.
We've got to be the cheapest option in the Football League with a decent chance of getting back to the top flight. The reason is because we're in L1 and therefore makes us attractive to businesses.

You're one of the most negative posters on here, and never see any good in any situation, so I'm wasting my time.
He’s joining a smaller group of managers, booed on day 1
Anyone who booes him on Day 1 isn't a SAFC supporter. They should go up the road.

Last edited:
Not arsed now, my life will continue just the same no matter what league Sunderland are in. Up Sunday morning, two boiled eggs and two toast, whether we are up or down in the league.😉

We've got to be the cheapest option in the Football League with a decent chance of getting back to the top flight. The reason is because we're in L1 and therefore makes us attractive to businesses.

You're one of the most negative posters on here, and never see any good in any situation, so I'm wasting my time.
How cheap do you think it'd be to get us out of League 1 and into the Premiership like?

And that is complete and utter bollocks but suit yasell.

9th in division 3. No money. No takeover. And now we get Parkinson.

I'm getting the humble pie ready for you to eat when all that you suspect does not happen.
So much speculation and bs spouted on here with no known basis in FACT.
I just hope that the hundreds on here who have spouted bile and s~~~e towards our 2 enthusiastic amateurs, are prepared to apologise.
It is unbelievable the amount of eejits on here posting absolute BS on here without any firm knowledge of what is truly going on, and it is not all just daft kids. EMBARRASSING.

Have you ever been dissatisfied with anybody at the club?

Grayson, but I kept my mouth shut about it until after he was gone because I'm aware that spreading discontent can be a self-fulfilling prophesy through affecting morale and therefore can be harmful to the club, which as a fan I don't want to do.

Last edited:
I think the poster is trying to get at.

Donald should of done what was needed to help get us out of this god awful league last season.
What more did you want him to do? I think the players and manager ‘should have done what was needed to get us out of this god awful league last season.’
We failed because we failed - not because the owner didn’t spend enough money.

They’ve nivver been this bad though.

I think it’s now an acknowledgeable truth that a few months in the early 70s apart and a brief flurry around the turn of the millennium SAFC have been clueless since WWII. The happy clappers have finally unequivocally been proven wrong.

that doesn’t make sense. What your saying is being poor is normal hence expectations of so called happyclappers is realistic unlike the sad keyboard warriors whose agenda is unknown but can be guaranteed to find a conspiracy theory or something to moan about to entertain their sad lives.
My but some people swallow any old shite.

hey look at me aren’t I streetwise. Yet there will be nothing to substantiate your negative and destructive point. It’s just as hard to prove you wrong of course but then you can play on that can’t you.

Last edited:
that doesn’t make sense. What your saying is being poor is normal hence expectations of so called happyclappers is realistic unlike the sad keyboard warriors whose agenda is unknown but can be guaranteed to find a conspiracy theory or something to moan about to entertain their sad lives.

hey look at me aren’t I streetwise. Yet there will be nothing to substantiate your negative and destructive point. It’s just as hard to prove you wrong of course but then you can play on that can’t you.
Eh? I suspect you’ve missed an un out there.

We are at the lowest point in our history.

Thanks Stewart!!!

I think we could have reached a much lower point in our history had he not taken the club off Short.

Short memories from a lot of people here. We might be skint and crap, but at least we’re out of debt, not riddled with overpaid deadwood and we actually have a club.

Back