Doctor Who

Status
Not open for further replies.

You'd think granny would remember who was there on her wedding day. Especially when they rock up seventy years later having not aged a day.
That ruined the episode for me. Would have been so much better if there was a scene where she reassures young gran that she will live a good life and when she gets back the gran acknowledged Yaz was there. Turnd out she was her "favourite granddaughter" for a reason.

William Russell who played Dr Who's companion in the first season was born in Sunlun!

William Russell - Biography - IMDb

Logon or register to see this image

He’s a lovely man too. My daughter was his assistant at a Comic Con in Belfast a couple of years ago. He asked her where she was from and told her he was from Sunderland. Apparently his dad wasn’t impressed by him being an actor and wanted him to get a proper job after he left university!

Last night's episode was cracking, although imagine the "urgh why does it have to be about politics" snowflakes will be getting their knickers in a twist about it.

Good story, food allergies behind it, good acting and good fun. After a slow start I think the series has really picked up.

They're all on Dailymotion and YT if you look hard enough

Any specific season/s you're looking for?

Cheers. Those first few I have on DVD, but really just to run through some of the classic stories, Daleks, Sonotrans, Cybermen etc.

Logon or register to see this image

Gerrin. I hope they take Bradley Walsh with tham anarl.

I don't mind Jodie, far better than Capaldi and some of the stupider Matt Smith moments.

Bradley Walsh seemed to start decent but has become very wooden. I think the writers are struggling to deal with 3 assistants and don't know what to do with the old bloke, so he has to stand straight and deliver the odd line to remind people he is still there.

I thought the last couple have been fairly decent episodes.

All this talk of political agendas though, do the BBC have a northern agenda going through with this series? Everywhere they go, everyone they meet, all either Yorkshire or Lancastrian.

Last edited:
That felt a lot more like a proper Doctor Who tonight, Jodie finally got her "I am the Doctor" moment. But, by the standards of series 1-10, that was still only a "good" story and wasn't an all-time classic. If the rest of the series had been like this though, I wouldn't have minded.

Chibnall is writing next week's so I have no doubt it'll be boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back