Doctor Who

IMDb - I'm on the app, can't link

If you're comparing it with the best of 50 years of Who, it probably is well below average.

Within the 'reboot' this series is clearly intended to be, it's average. Shallow, hamfistedly preachy mediocrity.

Whittaker hasn't had a proper 'yes I've cracked it' moment yet as The Doctor, but by christ the writing isn't helping her.

Tbf it's making that bollocks look like Genesis Of The Daleks.

How the fuck can you not notice that one of the people who appeared out of thin air on your wedding day is your granddaughter? She wasn't exactly hiding in the background.
Easy to do if you're with a black lad, an old white fella and a white lady doctor in 1947 India.

If you're comparing it with the best of 50 years of Who, it probably is well below average.

Within the 'reboot' this series is clearly intended to be, it's average. Shallow, hamfistedly preachy mediocrity.

Whittaker hasn't had a proper 'yes I've cracked it' moment yet as The Doctor, but by christ the writing isn't helping her.

3.2 out of 10 is an exceptionally low score for IMDb, which gives 6.3 out of 10 to the Phantom Menace and 6.2 to The Crystal Skull. And that score was on the episode at 7.23pm, which suggests some people are going a bit overboard because they can tolerate pishy under-par episodes of their favourite sci fi, but not *right on* pishy under-par episodes of their favourite sci-fi

3.2 out of 10 is an exceptionally low score for IMDb, which gives 6.3 out of 10 to the Phantom Menace and 6.2 to The Crystal Skull. And that score was on the episode at 7.23pm, which suggests some people are going a bit overboard because they can tolerate pishy under-par episodes of their favourite sci fi, but not *right on* pishy under-par episodes of their favourite sci-fi
If you are going to use movies at least pick 2 bad ones

4.3 now

"Doctor Who" Demons of the Punjab (TV Episode 2018) - IMDb

I honestly despair that people could watch that episode & just go to pick holes in it. I think it obviously makes people look back to the episode with Rose & her father but it just reflects that the Doctor has compassion for the companions & tries to make the best of it while not affecting the timelines even when it means you can’t save someone. What some people can describe as ‘preachy’ can also be described as informative, a lot of the kids watching that will have had no idea about Partition let alone the reality of it. I thought on today of all days showing the death of people alone was witnessed & respected was really well done.

Back