Colliery tavern pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just shit really. There are far better pubs with the description you have used if willing to be a bit further away from the ground. It’s small and doesn’t have a lot of drink options.

Other than that, wait until we are back in the prem and admire the Everton fans using it like their home.

Do you do a hand stand and then walk there? f***ing 10 min walk

My legs are fucked and it takes me 3.5mins to walk it

It’s just shit really. There are far better pubs with the description you have used if willing to be a bit further away from the ground. It’s small and doesn’t have a lot of drink options.

Other than that, wait until we are back in the prem and admire the Everton fans using it like their home.

He must walk round the SOL at least 3 times for luck.

Everton know not to play up on there or they'll end up like the others that foolishly did.

@Daffy

Used to like before a game but found it too busy once or twice and don't fancy the pop up bar outside, so I just do town and straight the ground when I'm lucky to get over now, did like the bit of banter with away fans there though

I think we'll be drinking near the sol on Saturday as the weather is meant to be bad and we don't fancy the walk from the town. Whereabouts is the Avenue, we might give it a try

For a beer around the ground much prefer the Hilton now. Staropramen on draught, loads of TVs to watch the footy etc, big enough to usually get a seat or have some room. Anar you pay more for the pint but dont mind it myself.

What's people's thoughts on the pub over the road? Or does any one recommend any others close by? In all the years I've been going to sunderland matches I've only ever went to the colliery tavern purely based on distance from the ground.

Opinions would be very much appreciated.
Dont drink in sunderland often ..left sunderland when i was 12.......in the roker days always drank in the grange/blue bell, great times but a bit far from the sol for logical use...where is the harbour view ?guess it should overlook the harbour!:lol:

For a beer around the ground much prefer the Hilton now. Staropramen on draught, loads of TVs to watch the footy etc, big enough to usually get a seat or have some room. Anar you pay more for the pint but dont mind it myself.

The hotel next to the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back