Colliery tavern pub.

McGregor

Winger
What's people's thoughts on the pub over the road? Or does any one recommend any others close by? In all the years I've been going to sunderland matches I've only ever went to the colliery tavern purely based on distance from the ground.

Opinions would be very much appreciated.

If you want to drink out of beer-stained dirty glasses of which the barmaids walk around picking out of the bins, run them under the tap and pour the next pint in. Then it's exactly the place for you. Burger van on the premises is decent. Usually get some idiotic pissed up away supporters that thinking there on Green Street too depending on who we're playing. Best off going to town and having wthe short walk over the bridge to stadium. Or if your posh as fuck gan to The Hilton. Lovely place for a pint

Was there Tuesday night for the first time in years, was rammed inside so used the little bar outside.

Canny like but must be heaving on proper match days.

I've never had an issue like. It gets rammed to fuck but the juke box and atmosphere makes it canny for me. Never even thought of going to the Hilton.. No doubt over priced

Back