Colliery tavern pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I normally go in Karbon Grill/Hilton if I drink near stadium, more expensive for a pint but a scratter free zone. Stick to Colliery Tavern if you like pints in plastic glasses and a pub full of whoppers.
Whoppers ?:eek: elucidate ?

Thought a whopper was a "tall tale".

I like the Colliery, always a good atmosphere, good jukebox and handy burger van and outdoor bar when its too busy inside. The plastic pint pots are a pain mind and sometimes it can take a while to get served and the bogs are mingin'. You get the odd cracker jack in too, basically all the trappings of a good matchday pub. If its too full or I want to have a last pint next to the turnstiles I go into the Hilton, its bloody expensive (£4.50 Worthingtons, £5.00 Guiness and £5.20 Starapramen) and the bar staff are not the most experienced but it can be easier in my experience to get served, the bogs are spotless and the doormen polite, chatty and canny

What's people's thoughts on the pub over the road? Or does any one recommend any others close by? In all the years I've been going to sunderland matches I've only ever went to the colliery tavern purely based on distance from the ground.

Opinions would be very much appreciated.

Hello Theresa (the owner)........ Dont worry your Pub is doing well.... ish....!

However improvement is needed but being a business owner I shall let you figure that one out.

Marks out of 10.......... 7

Room for improvement a big improvement in the taste of the beer....!!!!!

Happy Christmas, but of course it will be as there are THREE home games in the next few weeks ;)

Royal Navy Club, The Engineers Club then the Red Lion and the Terminus for me.

Traditional old shit hole of a pub.
I like it.
It’s just shit really. There are far better pubs with the description you have used if willing to be a bit further away from the ground. It’s small and doesn’t have a lot of drink options.

Other than that, wait until we are back in the prem and admire the Everton fans using it like their home.

Colliery Tavern. Lovely pint, no food (other than crisps and nuts etc.). Great service and literally a ten minute walk to the ground :).
Do you do a hand stand and then walk there? f***ing 10 min walk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back