Colliery tavern pub.

What's people's thoughts on the pub over the road? Or does any one recommend any others close by? In all the years I've been going to sunderland matches I've only ever went to the colliery tavern purely based on distance from the ground.

Opinions would be very much appreciated.
It’s a hovel. Hope this helps.

We'll gan down n knack them taveners marra!:lol:

Tavern annoys me because they keep serving plastic glasses even if you're staying inside, the halfy trusts us with glass if we say we're staying in. Not sure if the beer things outside the tavern are owned by them as well but they're a rip off. Keep running out of beer and then sell you a can for about £3.50, if I knew I was going to be drinking a can I'd have just brought my own :evil:

Tavern annoys me because they keep serving plastic glasses even if you're staying inside, the halfy trusts us with glass if we say we're staying in. Not sure if the beer things outside the tavern are owned by them as well but they're a rip off. Keep running out of beer and then sell you a can for about £3.50, if I knew I was going to be drinking a can I'd have just brought my own :evil:
..plus don't have to wait long to get served in Halfway House.

Poor selection of beers. Allright for shandy suppers and old fucks like @Daffy :lol:
Clip of that ^

Canny pint in the Halfway House
Proper boozer :cool:

Last edited:
The cluny's canny.
:-O

Given where I now live I don't get to the SOL these days but always used to drink in the Derby pre match and then get their bus up. Do they still run it?

I'm old enough to remember the TV show with Eric Fleming & Clint Eastwood (plus whoever it was that played Wishbone), as well as the Frankie Layne song. :oops:

Just checked - Laine not Layne. :oops:
Not a patch on this; (Me da had it on 78)

Last edited:

Back