Clamping down on the morning after drivers

Big operation near Chester Le St this morning. Funnelling people into lay-by and breathalysing everyone. Good job it wasn’t yesterday morning :lol:
I still think being caught the morning after shouldn’t result in a ban. It’s hardly the same as getting mortal and trying to drive home.
In smoggy town centre too

I imagine your right however really that shouldn’t dictate the campaigns. It should be based on when is best to do it. Not sure of the statistics mind ie when the most accidents occur in relation to drink driving.

Surely the money raised in fines could subsidise the overtime for the officers required?
Maybe they do it more on a morning cos (hopefully) not that many people actually take their cars out with them when going out for a drink at night, so more are likely to be caught with alcohol in their system the next morning.
Also, by doing schemes such as this, maybe people will become more aware of the lives they're risking, and stop doing it.

It’s also not just the morning after though is it? I once did that calculator thing and after a typical Friday night session it said not safe to drive until Sunday night. That’s completely impractical for most people.
If that's the case then 'tough'.
It's about priorities - do you need a drink or do you do the sensible thing and not risk killing some innocent bystander?

Unmarked cars riding round Sunderland as well

Stop you for a minor and lean in with the breathalyser, tax, mot & insurance check

No complaints from me
If you’re giving it large then walk or get a lift

Unmarked cars riding round Sunderland as well

Stop you for a minor and lean in with the breathalyser, tax, mot & insurance check

No complaints from me
If you’re giving it large then walk or get a lift
Surely the tax, mot & insurance are done before they even pull you over these days? The ANPR cameras hook up online to the database and POW!

Back