Clamping down on the morning after drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one and use it regularly. It gives different levels as the day goes by so I’m pretty confident it works. I know it’ll not be calibrated to the same standard as a police breathalyser but it’s better than a wild guess.

Mine basically came back with ‘no breath alcohol detected’ when I’d been up until about 4am drinking red wine and watching the cricket.

I wonder how many on here have been caught speeding in a 30mph zone ?
Just as dangerous as driving pissed ?
Loads of people about during day
Possibly not as many around at night.
Is driving using your mobile phone as dangerous?
If so all of the above should have a years ban.
This is of course going to rattle a few cages but it's absolutely true

My cage is suitably rattled. Yes all these things are equally dangerous. Not sure what cages you thought you’d be rattling tho as the only ones who think these things are acceptable are also the ones who’d drive the next morning after a skinful. And yes I’ve done all of the above.

Agree like. It seems harsh that you lose your licence for a year (and maybe your job too) if you are a little over the limit the morning after but speeding doesn’t attract anywhere near the same consequences. Risk of death to a pedestrian is doubled (25% vs 50%) at 32mph and 42mph respectively. 42 in a 30 = 3 points and a small fine.

You would think so. What if you had 5 pints over 10 hours? Must admit it does worry me.

Clock starts ticking one hour after you start. Pint of weak beer / lager is 2 hours to process, give or take. My rule of thumb is you can have the equivalent of two pints in you and pass, but it isn’t an exact science of course. 6 pints max for me if I’m driving early the next day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back