Clamping down on the morning after drivers

It’s also not just the morning after though is it? I once did that calculator thing and after a typical Friday night session it said not safe to drive until Sunday night. That’s completely impractical for most people.
It is, the law should be: under whatever the limit is, or 8 hours after the last drink or couple of laps of mario kart without a crash. A much more pragmatic approach that would be welcomed by all right thinking people

Go and have 10 pints then try playing a driving video game. You can’t stay on the track.
Then go to bed for 8 hours and try the same game again. You can easily stay on the track and even win races. Do you see?
Tell that to the judge.

Have you seen the drink driving test on that film called the man with 2 brains? Well I thought it was funny. I'll link it later if I remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad was a newsagent for many yrs. He hated christmas time for the stops.

Im sure ive been over limit from night before at least once, but yeah if your pissed up at 2am no way your clear at 8

I imagine your right however really that shouldn’t dictate the campaigns. It should be based on when is best to do it. Not sure of the statistics mind ie when the most accidents occur in relation to drink driving.

Surely the money raised in fines could subsidise the overtime for the officers required?
The crime probably costs more to arrest and process than the fine.

I was on the lash yesterday afternoon and last night till the wee small hours.

I reckon I could smash Herbal at Mario Kart but still think I’d be over the limit if I was to get behind the wheel of my car.

I’ve driven in worse situations in the past but nowadays it’s train & Shanks’s pony for me.

Works christmas party the other night, I was at work the next day so didn't go. I was expecting loads coming in still pissed and having drove.

They had all stayed sober, got a lift or a taxi/bus.

10 years ago when I started their it was totally different, everyone driving absolutely wrecked still.

I got a breathalyser a few years ago and now pretty much know when I am ok the next day to drive but still use it to confirm I'm ok.

I know that after a heavy session it is normally around 2pm the next day before I can drive but appreciate that other people have different tolerance levels and would be able to drive far earlier than me after a skinfull the day/night before.

If i have a heavy session and need to drive the next morning, I have a can of what ever is left from the night before to settle me down and to help me concentrate. Fortunately not been stopped once. I also keep my phone in my pocket.

If i have a heavy session and need to drive the next morning, I have a can of what ever is left from the night before to settle me down and to help me concentrate. Fortunately not been stopped once. I also keep my phone in my pocket.

Thanks mental, it will catch up with you sooner or later

Just the one? Normally takes 3 or 4 just to get rid of the shakes for me before I even think about putting the L plates on.

Back