Chuks Aneke - MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player being mooted by RR this morning. Apparantly tall, powerful quick player with good midfield scoring record. Scored 17 last season in League 2 and 7 the season before in League. Portsmouth said to be aso interested.

Anyone know anything about this lad.?
I do. Signed him on FM19:)

Sure @Howard the Duck mentioned him months ago.
Aye, I've been advocating signing him since last summer (after @Chucky Puddin brought him to my attention).

He's always been a centre/attacking mid but played the entirety of last season either right up front or on the right of a three.

I went and watched a couple of MK Dons games when we didn't have matches (I think it must have been when we postponed games for internationals). He was the best player on both occasions. No world beater and he has plenty of flaws but he has what we're lacking, is a good age and has the potential to make the step up to the Championship eventually in my opinion.

He's not really quick mind. He looks quite lumbering but eats up the first few yards quickly. It's probably a lazy comparison but just think lower league Yaya Toure.

Shame our heads of recruitment don’t follow suit, exactly what we need! They’ve even asked current players to put the feelers out to see who’d be interested in coming to us ffs!
As in the recruitment team have identified targets and asked players that will know them to put out the feelers as to whether they'd be interested in the move or as in they've asked the players to identify targets?!

I'd be fine with the former, not the latter!!

Last edited:
Aye, I've been advocating signing him since last summer (after @Chucky Puddin brought him to my attention).

He's always been a centre/attacking mid but played the entirety of last season either right up front or on the right of a three.

I went and watched a couple of MK Dons games when we didn't have matches (I think it must have been when we postponed games for internationals). He was the best player on both occasions. No world beater and he has plenty of flaws but he has what we're lacking, is a good age and has the potential to make the step up to the Championship eventually in my opinion.

He's not really quick mind. He looks quite lumbering but eats up the first few yards quickly. It's probably a lazy comparison but just think lower league Yaya Toure.
I certainly did! I also mentioned we should be looking at Ollie Watkins before he went to Brentford when we were in the Championship, now he’s linked with big money moves to the Premiership!

Not sure but I’ll know more in a few days!

Last edited:

As in the recruitment team have identified targets and asked players that will know them to put out the feelers as to whether they'd be interested in the move or as in they've asked the players to identify targets?!

I'd be fine with the former, not the latter!!
Nevermind that. You can tell us where the pubs are for next season. ;)

This. Downing seems like a signing we’d have made in the Short era.

Maddison, Aneke. Let’s start bringing in players with potential resale value too and who could possibly grow with the club

I assume it’s too compliment our scouting system? No harm if that’s the case, but if this is predominantly it then we’re fucked :rolleyes:

Would have Been nice to start this last summer

No idea how we will shift grigg and Wyke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back