Chuks Aneke - MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coton isn’t allowed outside the north west
You keep saying this but of our 17 signings last season only five I can think of came from North West clubs and even then, one was from Bury that most people credit the owners with signing and another was playing his football in Scotland. So that leaves three, all from Wigan, out of 17.

You keep saying this but of our 17 signings last season only five I can think of came from North West clubs and even then, one was from Bury that most people credit the owners with signing and another was playing his football in Scotland. So that leaves three, all from Wigan, out of 17.
He has a point though. Our scouting and recruitment has been poor. In fact I'd go as far to the whole football department is a shambles and hasn't improved since the new owners came in.

Will be down to ross this year aswell
Ross deserve criticism but he's been badly let down by our scouts and recruitment team. Unfortunately for JR he'll be the one who will get the bullet not dumb and dumber.

Last edited:
He has a point though. Our scouting and recruitment has been poor. In fact I'd go as far to the whole football department is a shambles and hasn't improved since the new owners came in.

Ross deserve criticism but he's been badly let down by our scouts and recruitment team. Unfortunately for JR he'll be the one who will get the bullet not dumb and dumber.
True but some of the signings were definitely his. Likes of shankland aswell would be his signing.

Going on a mind voyage, I imagine that it's none too easy to sell a club that's sitting at least one division lower. There's an argument to be made in favour of the lower division club that has scope to improve one or more divisions, but it takes a leap of faith to buy into that idea. This requires a persuasive, yet honest & believable manager (continuing the voyage, I can imagine Ross possesses the necessary credentials) & a player who has the vision & foresight to look beyond the end of his cheb (which is, perhaps, a little more problematic). I have blind faith, based on nothing other than instinct, that we'll get the players we need to gain promotion. And gain promotion. And, over time, other (more fanciful) achievements I've touched upon in other threads in the recent past that I'm too lazy to reiterate here.

Going on a mind voyage, I imagine that it's none too easy to sell a club that's sitting at least one division lower. There's an argument to be made in favour of the lower division club that has scope to improve one or more divisions, but it takes a leap of faith to buy into that idea. This requires a persuasive, yet honest & believable manager (continuing the voyage, I can imagine Ross possesses the necessary credentials) & a player who has the vision & foresight to look beyond the end of his cheb (which is, perhaps, a little more problematic). I have blind faith, based on nothing other than instinct, that we'll get the players we need to gain promotion. And gain promotion. And, over time, other (more fanciful) achievements I've touched upon in other threads in the recent past that I'm too lazy to reiterate here.

Up there with the biggest pile of shite written by any happy clapper on here.

Aneke, Nelson & Shankland were 3 “free” transfers I was hoping we’d get over the line

One left...

Not much we can do if Championship clubs go for the same players. I suppose it bodes well we are in for people Championship clubs are looking at.

Can't help thinking how much more fun this summer would have been if we'd gotten a 95th minute winner instead of Charlton.

Not much we can do if Championship clubs go for the same players. I suppose it bodes well we are in for people Championship clubs are looking at.

Can't help thinking how much more fun this summer would have been if we'd gotten a 95th minute winner instead of Charlton.

Agree, it wasn’t a dig at the club at all. Disappointing we didn’t get Nelson as he was clearly one of our top targets, not sure we were ever in for Aneke anyway.

As you say, not much we can do against Championship clubs. Shame though as a few “free” transfers would have meant a transfer budget for fewer required players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back