Chuks Aneke - MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player being mooted by RR this morning. Apparantly tall, powerful quick player with good midfield scoring record. Scored 17 last season in League 2 and 7 the season before in League. Portsmouth said to be aso interested.

Anyone know anything about this lad.?

"Aneke is a player not known for his pace, but the ability to see a pass and physical strength."

Chuks Aneke - Wikipedia

I'm going to presume this is a joke as I desperately want it to be.
At a time when the best clubs are getting serious about analytics and scientific recruitment - and a club has won the biggest prize in club football on the back of this approach - we’ve got a load of plodders advocating buying players who’ve been promoted in the past and who our players have on their whatsapp. I can completely believe it’s true from what has been said publicly (and who is in position) and it’s an absolute disgrace:evil::evil:

At a time when the best clubs are getting serious about analytics and scientific recruitment - and a club has won the biggest prize in club football on the back of this approach - we’ve got a load of plodders advocating buying players who’ve been promoted in the past and who our players have on their whatsapp. I can completely believe it’s true from what has been said publicly (and who is in position) and it’s an absolute disgrace:evil::evil:

I've jokingly been saying for months we only signed Leadbitter because he lives close. Jokes on me now :lol:

Player being mooted by RR this morning. Apparantly tall, powerful quick player with good midfield scoring record. Scored 17 last season in League 2 and 7 the season before in League. Portsmouth said to be aso interested.

Anyone know anything about this lad.?
Shame our heads of recruitment don’t follow suit, exactly what we need! They’ve even asked current players to put the feelers out to see who’d be interested in coming to us ffs!
disgrace that

I've jokingly been saying for months we only signed Leadbitter because he lives close. Jokes on me now :lol:
Honestly, anyone who isn’t raging at this parochial, stupid, tinpot method of working needs their f***ing bumps felt. I’d dismiss it as too cretinous to be true if that lad hadn’t shown he gets snippets recently. And if we had anyone other than a busted flush like Coton and a self-identified Luddite like Donald in control. It’s absolutely shameful.

We've got analytics and people crunching the numbers too just like most club's, Donald speaks about it on the last podcast.

There's actually nothing wrong with players asking players they've worked with before if they would fancy playing here, happens in every level of football and it doesn't mean that we'd sign every player who would say yes.

It could actually be a better plan that using Coton's methods, there's no harm in putting a few feelers out.

Honestly, anyone who isn’t raging at this parochial, stupid, tinpot method of working needs their f***ing bumps felt. I’d dismiss it as too cretinous to be true if that lad hadn’t shown he gets snippets recently. And if we had anyone other than a busted flush like Coton and a self-identified Luddite like Donald in control. It’s absolutely shameful.

All I've ever wanted was a decent scouting system. Thought we were going to get it with that Udinese bloke we brought in. Thought we were going to get it in the summer when Dortmund models were mentioned.

Instead we've ended up with the Tinder model. Just swipe till we get a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back