Chuks Aneke - MK Dons

I certainly don’t want to believe it. Sadly I can absolutely believe it’s true. I’ve got no confidence whatsoever that Donald as the chairman and Coton as chief scout know what is needed to take a modern, cutting edge approach to football operations and recruitment in particular. Everything the club has done since they arrived reeks of ‘old school’ football. Buying players based on their previous team success (rather than their own merits) and tapping up players who their senior pros might know is exactly the sort of thing I could see happening. Besides, @Chucky Puddin has given the impression that he gets snippets for a while and isn’t a wum.

I agree like, I think they are trying but the methods are just completely out of date, last year was very poor recruitment and football wise, and its not all Jack Ross's fault, people like to claim it is, but it isn't

Its like saying Coleman and Grayson are the only reason we went down from champ, its not is it

In fairness the lad’s right. Barnsley have a strict recruitment policy to only sign younger players. Aneke is almost definitely too old to be on their radar unless they’re changing their approach, but it’d seem a strange time to do that.

It’s just lazy journalism when they’re linked with the likes of Aneke and Taylor. It casts doubt on the other clubs linked in the same reports too.

In fairness the lad’s right. Barnsley have a strict recruitment policy to only sign younger players. Aneke is almost definitely too old to be on their radar unless they’re changing their approach, but it’d seem a strange time to do that.

It’s just lazy journalism when they’re linked with the likes of Aneke and Taylor. It casts doubt on the other clubs linked in the same reports too.
I'm sure they could stretch to having a 25 year old playing for them.

There's actually nothing wrong with players asking players they've worked with before if they would fancy playing here, happens in every level of football and it doesn't mean that we'd sign every player who would say yes.

Exactly, it happens all over where you see a few players from one club ending up a the same different club.

Many times we have signed a player and their first interview is "I spoke with X and he told me what a great place this is to play football, the AOL is amazing and the supporters are brilliant".

I'm sure they could stretch to having a 25 year old playing for them.
It’s a pretty steadfast policy. I’m not sure Aneke would be worthy of overhauling it for at Championship level.

I must have just imagined they signed Dougall as well or the poster is just spouting utter bollocks
It is their policy. It’s fairly well documented. There no doubt will be exceptions but, as I say, I’m not sure Aneke justifies being one. I could well be wrong.

Last edited:
It’s a pretty steadfast policy. I’m not sure Aneke would be worthy of overhauling it for at Championship level.

It is their policy. It’s fairly well documented. There no doubt will be exceptions but, as I say, I’m not sure Aneke justifies being one. I could well be wrong.
Must be all cool and innovative, bit like our Dortmund model.

Excellent means you'll be releasing Moore then based on that?

He’s already here as is Kenny Dougall, with the latter it was thought he was way under valued and his wages were easily met, this kids courted by five clubs according to press, he’s too expensive for someone who will more than likely have very little sell on value at any point during in his contract, he definitely doesn’t fit the profile.

He’s already here as is Kenny Dougall, with the latter it was thought he was way under valued and his wages were easily met, this kids courted by five clubs according to press, he’s too expensive for someone who will more than likely have very little sell on value at any point during in his contract, he definitely doesn’t fit the profile.

You've got an excellent recruitment model like, least thinking outside the box

We are only allowed to sign league one players from the north west ourselves

We’ve just sign a central defender
Mads Andersen Joins The Reds!
The quote at the bottom from our chairman proves your point.

Back