Chuks Aneke - MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got analytics and people crunching the numbers too just like most club's, Donald speaks about it on the last podcast.

There's actually nothing wrong with players asking players they've worked with before if they would fancy playing here, happens in every level of football and it doesn't mean that we'd sign every player who would say yes.

It could actually be a better plan that using Coton's methods, there's no harm in putting a few feelers out.

Can we not just identify players we want. Players that will fit the system and add characteristics that we need to compliment others instead of just asking people if any of their mates fancy it regardless.

If rumours are true and we are close to a takeover, then I’d be very surprised if we are signing new players until that deal is signed.
Also if our first 11 are also our scouts - I can imagine the new DoF having kittens and demanding no purchases

Definitely not a joke!

From a player asked to do the asking!!!

Nope!
Hope Baldwin is talking to Maddison.
Isn’t this tapping up though?

Last edited:
If rumours are true and we are close to a takeover, then I’d be very surprised if we are signing new players until that deal is signed.
Also if our first 11 are also our scouts - I can imagine the new DoF having kittens and demanding no purchases

:lol: I’d have Maddison over Downing any day of the week

We've got analytics and people crunching the numbers too just like most club's, Donald speaks about it on the last podcast.

There's actually nothing wrong with players asking players they've worked with before if they would fancy playing here, happens in every level of football and it doesn't mean that we'd sign every player who would say yes.

It could actually be a better plan that using Coton's methods, there's no harm in putting a few feelers out.
Donald says we have an analytics department, sure. However his complete lack of understanding of the power and importance of it - plus the fact that clearly none of our signings to date will have been analytics driven - mean it isn’t paid much attention.

At a time when the best clubs are getting serious about analytics and scientific recruitment - and a club has won the biggest prize in club football on the back of this approach - we’ve got a load of plodders advocating buying players who’ve been promoted in the past and who our players have on their whatsapp. I can completely believe it’s true from what has been said publicly (and who is in position) and it’s an absolute disgrace:evil::evil:

Mate have you seen the state of said department. It's great to get the balance sheet down but when you have paid off so many staff there are issues. Even Donald in the podcast was completely fishy in his response to questions about scouting and recruitment. No the wonder some of our best have jumped ship. They don't have the resources or tools to do the job effectively

Player being mooted by RR this morning. Apparantly tall, powerful quick player with good midfield scoring record. Scored 17 last season in League 2 and 7 the season before in League. Portsmouth said to be aso interested.

Anyone know anything about this lad.?

Yes please

If true then if this Campbell takes over and brings the fella from Celtic in, the likes of Hill and Coton need f***ing off.
The one thing we simply have to get right this summer is recruitment.

I'd love to know what Coton actually adds to this club. Even what his role involves would do.

Player being mooted by RR this morning. Apparantly tall, powerful quick player with good midfield scoring record. Scored 17 last season in League 2 and 7 the season before in League. Portsmouth said to be aso interested.

Anyone know anything about this lad.?
No

I would like to see Bali and Elliot get game time this season. Look to sell Cattermole and bring in this lad if any good.
Between Khazri (bonus for league place), Kone, Oviedo, Cattermole and possibly 1 more it should free up some cash to get a couple of decent players who can cut it in this league

Yeah it is but still happens at every level

Shame our heads of recruitment don’t follow suit, exactly what we need! They’ve even asked current players to put the feelers out to see who’d be interested in coming to us ffs!
and they are likely to want better players than themselves, who will replace them in the team. You couldn't make it up.

Donald says we have an analytics department, sure. However his complete lack of understanding of the power and importance of it - plus the fact that clearly none of our signings to date will have been analytics driven - mean it isn’t paid much attention.

Tbh, you've no idea if they had or not but I expect after a full season behind them, it will be utilised more in this window than the last.

It's alright going for a player who makes the most tackles, interceptions or chances at goal but theres always still a certain amount of risk involved with a player playing in a different team.

The 'Moneyball' theory this is all based off isn't without fault.

Considering the lad will be on a free, I'd happy give him a healthy wage with a promotion bonus tied to it. Still think he's likely to be Championship player next season unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back