Christening envelope

Do you have to pay for christenings in Catholic Churches? How about first communions and confirmation? I went through the lot as a child and I’m pretty sure it was free. Neither of mine has been christened or set foot in a church outside of family weddings or funerals as far as I know. They don’t seem to have missed it. Grandchildren are also heathens. There must be a Catholic school and church around here but I couldn’t tell you where.

I can’t answer, as my kids were always gonna be christened catholics and go to catholic schools, as both myself and their mother were brought up in catholic families.

I agree, sign of the times.
So if the church didn’t christen them, it would be a big disappointment to you and your wider family, as well as the better education?

Sounds like it’s worth quite a bit to you then.

Matthew 21

12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “ ‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”

Personally I wouldn't indoctrinate my child into a cult if you paid me
Not planning on taking him to SAFC games then? Cults/ tribes/ religions all pretty much the same- just some don't pretend to be able to give you eternal life! ( and ours generally guarantees more misery than joy!)

Back