Christening envelope

TheWanderer

Striker
Bairns christening in a months time, and I’ve been handed the ‘envelope’ to make a donation to the church.

What’s an acceptable amount to hoy in?

I left it to me Irish catholic fatha in law. I reckon he'll have chucked in at least £200. But I doubt that is normal here. I'd say £50.

50 quid?

This is a complete guess by the way. :lol:
That’s what I was thinking, so hit the spot on the first reply....I will continue reading this thread however to allow the usual suspects to take the piss!

Put a bit of paper in with two columns on - one with all your good deeds, the other with your sins.

The church will come back with an estimate.
There’ll not be much in one column!

Chuck in a fiver, not as if you'll be back there after to be embarrassed about it.

This

As a regular church goer it annoys me when people rock up in their shiny grey cheap suits and entourage of people out for their 'childs special day' and it means absolutely nothing to them.

I say this as a church goer who doesn't even go to a church where I'm a member of that religion.

Just see zero point in the family making the 'effort' or the priest doing the service. I'd just say 'no', you're alright - find somewhere else to go before you all get drunk.

Back