Christening envelope

Status
Not open for further replies.

This

As a regular church goer it annoys me when people rock up in their shiny grey cheap suits and entourage of people out for their 'childs special day' and it means absolutely nothing to them.

I say this as a church goer who doesn't even go to a church where I'm a member of that religion.

Just see zero point in the family making the 'effort' or the priest doing the service. I'd just say 'no', you're alright - find somewhere else to go before you all get drunk.
Shut it Brian! I’m putting myself through this so the bairn gets into the best local school!

Sounds like a scam to me there mate. This “man of the cloth” is shaking you down.
When we got the bairn christened there was no mention of money throughout the whole process.
After the ceremony I thanked the priest for a nice service, and all of he’s help in the build up, quietly asked “what do I owe you by the way, father?”
He was like no no, just make a donation to the church on your way out.
I left £100 like.

Sounds like a scam to me there mate. This “man of the cloth” is shaking you down.
When we got the bairn christened there was no mention of money throughout the whole process.
After the ceremony I thanked the priest for a nice service, and all of he’s help in the build up, quietly asked “what do I owe you by the way, father?”
I left £100 like.
Sounds like you were scammed.

:lol:

The great misconception!

You going to let them do their first holy communion?

Only joking mate, all the bairns are Catholic, the ex wife and the current wife are and I'm happy for them to be brought up as such, as long as I dont have to do much churchy stuff, apart from fill an envelope.

And you're right about it being a misconception, the eldest is in St Anthonys, and the youngest two arent going there thats for sure!

Depends how much you value your youngest getting into a religious school really... That’s why you’re doing it right?

I left £100 like.
Now, he's played you there mind! He's made you feel crap and you've buckled and hoyed a tonne in.

The gaffer round our way has set his stall out straight away, its given me time to think not be put on the spot like you and crumble! ;)

Now, he's played you there mind! He's made you feel crap and you've buckled and hoyed a tonne in.

The gaffer round our way has set his stall out straight away, its given me time to think not be put on the spot like you and crumble! ;)
Hahaha grow up son, I never had a clue what the going rate was, I’d decided if he asked for less on the day he was getting the oner anyway. Priest round your way sounds like a hook. Chucking envelopes about early doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back