Christening envelope

Hahaha grow up son, I never had a clue what the going rate was, I’d decided if he asked for less on the day he was getting the oner anyway. Priest round your way sounds like a hook. Chucking envelopes about early doors
Better to be open and honest about his intentions, yours sounds like a sly twat! :)

Why would the church ask for money ? Surely this isn't what religion is about?

Oh, right

Hate the entire thing with this ,babies don't have a religion. They have no idea.

Why would the church ask for money ? Surely this isn't what religion is about?

Oh, right

Hate the entire thing with this ,babies don't have a religion. They have no idea.
To be fair, she's 3! :)

Just had too much on my plate to get her sorted, and was too tight to pay 'the man'.

Cant wait to see her get the water etc on her napper, she'll go f***ing beserk!

Cant wait to see her get the water etc on her napper, she'll go f***ing beserk!

Of course, she needs to wash away all those horrendous sins like crying and shitting in her nappy. Or was it to wash away the original sin caused by adam and eve that even the pope has said is more symbolic than factual, I forget.

Of course, she needs to wash away all those horrendous sins like crying and shitting in her nappy. Or was it to wash away the original sin caused by adam and eve that even the pope has said is more symbolic than factual, I forget.
As already stated, I'm not religious, but the bairns and the ex and wife are, so you need to bore some **** else with this waffle man!

Only joking mate, all the bairns are Catholic, the ex wife and the current wife are and I'm happy for them to be brought up as such, as long as I dont have to do much churchy stuff, apart from fill an envelope.

And you're right about it being a misconception, the eldest is in St Anthonys, and the youngest two arent going there thats for sure!

I'm not at all religious either mate!

However it makes my life easier to just let her do whatever makes her happy!

Doesn't do anybody any harm!

Personally I wouldn't indoctrinate my child into a cult if you paid me
Totally agree, i am a aetheist so stuck to my guns and my daughter is not christened. Never have and never will do anything just because my mam/dad/ relatives suggest as its tradition. If she decides later on she wants to do it for some reason, i will back her. Each to their own so crack on.

Back