Chlorinated Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

You already are. I'm Bernard Matthews (aye I'm deed).

We should label all produce with a flag of origin and if possible have a regional section. The Jocks always have a Scottish section in the supermarket so people can buy local products and support their farmers.

Or go to a local farm shop perhaps?
You already are. I'm Bernard Matthews (aye I'm deed).

We should label all produce with a flag of origin and if possible have a regional section. The Jocks always have a Scottish section in the supermarket so people can buy local products and support their farmers.

Or go to a local farm shop perhaps?

If the British won't buy it, then they will soon stop exporting to us - doesn't make sense to try to sell stuff that people won't buy IMHO.

part of the US demands are the removal of origin details from food labelling so we won’t have a choice. Also the takeaway and catering sectors will jump at the chance to reduce costs with cheaper shit and we won’t have a clue.

People only need to check out the shape of most Americans, to answer their worries over American food and the impact some of the earlier fast food imports have had on the shape of young Brits.

Why are people so opposed to it being imported into the UK?
Because the opposition MP's think the majority of the population are terrified of the process and can then gain them political points, the couple of times I've been to the USA I didn't even give it a 2nd thought and it did no harm. I wish Journalists on TV would ask the said opposition politicians what the difference is of having it in drinking water yet being so opposed to it cleaning Chickens?

Some people are acting like it'll part of any trade deal that we will be forced to eat US chickens.

If you are not happy with their chickens then don't eat them.

Some people are acting like it'll part of any trade deal that we will be forced to eat US chickens.

They're also pushing to reduce food labeling and origin stickers so that might be difficult.

It will affect our trade deals with the EU if we have it in the retail chain whether any of us eat it or not.

It will affect our trade deals with the EU if we have it in the retail chain whether any of us eat it or not.
We're taking BACK control, man, not regressing 30 years in terms of animal husbandry, welfare & food hygiene! Some people just don't get it...

Thought America had the leading standards in food hygiene due to the high chance of being sued for poisoning someone.
Walked away from many burger vans and sandwich shops in sunderland after witnessing them handling raw meat then cutting through buns straight after.

It's the same with eggs, where they fiddle the testing. Test for salmonella on eggs are done with pre-cleaned eggs while in Europe the testing is done on non cleaned eggs. Food security in the US is a joke there's been multiple e coli contamination's in food lettuce/tomatoes/spinach where the FDA hasn't got a clue how or where it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back