Chekatrade ticket info.

It's not a Derby to me either.
And I'm with you not going. Tbh, I think the best way for us is to totally ignore it.
Let 2800 of them turn up, and I hope we sell less than 10k
Its a nothing game which we can't really win.
We're playing their f***ing youth man
I don't want to go and watch this joke of a game, where we're in a no win situation, but can't stay away either for this game. It's like you know it will be tough to watch, but feel I have to put myself through it for my club sort of thing.

Anyone viewing this as a game of any note needs to shake their heads. It should get the same shitty attendance it would any other checkatrade fixture. Anyone that turns up and kicks off is also a monumental knobhead.

I hope you do play a reasonably strong team as it would be a good challenge for our youth team. I and everyone else should expect you to win comfortably and when you do i wont be in the slightest bit arsed.
Your club wanted 5k tickets, so although you say that, many of your own fans don't think that. Mind, if/when we win, it will be the usual so I'm not bothered it was our kids. Aye, not bothered enough you want thousands to come. This is a shit draw for us, I'll admit.

Last edited:

I don't want to go and watch this joke of a game, where we're in a no win situation, but can't stay away either for this game. It's like you know it will be tough to watch, but feel I have to put myself through it for my club sort of thing.

Your club wanted 5k tickets, so although you say that, many of your own fans don't think that. Mind, if/when we win, it will be the usual so I'm not bothered it was our kids. Aye, not bothered enough you want thousands to come. This is a shit draw for us, I'll admit.

Ageee with every word, mate. I'll be there but it's a nothing game.

Agree our system with loyalty points is fairer. It's only fair that the people who are going regularly get first dibs not people who went ages ago but stopped and can just cherry pick the games they want to go to.

Point remains though that someone could have started going to away games from scratch 4 years ago and could have already amassed 60-70 points including pre season friendlies. Any season ticket holder can go to the majority of our away games, and you could build up enough for Sunderland within 5 years...

Suppose so. Although we us they'd not have to wait as long as its on a rolling basis.

Why do people keep saying it's a no win game? If we win, we win. Be 2 games from a Wembley appearance, admittedly not a major trophy like.

This.

Agree our system with loyalty points is fairer. It's only fair that the people who are going regularly get first dibs not people who went ages ago but stopped and can just cherry pick the games they want to go to.

Like I said a mag fella I know just went to our place and nowt else for years having went to shit loads years back. Might explain the difference in the make up of the mags away following at our place compared to their other away fixtures (many more baldies).

Why do people keep saying it's a no win game? If we win, we win. Be 2 games from a Wembley appearance, admittedly not a major trophy like.
Its a nothing tournament let's be honest here and before anyone starts, yes I know where we are and this is part of it. This will be my 1st checkatrade game. Would I go if it was anyone else? Hard to say, but feel I need to go to this game. I've barely give getting to Wembley in this a second thought, but for me now, we need to beat the mags u21 and win the final.

Its a nothing tournament let's be honest here and before anyone starts, yes I know where we are and this is part of it. This will be my 1st checkatrade game. Would I go if it was anyone else? Hard to say, but feel I need to go to this game. I've barely give getting to Wembley in this a second thought, but for me now, we need to beat the mags u21 and win the final.
Checkatrade and League One winners double. Unique and never happen again.

Be part of it.

Anyone viewing this as a game of any note needs to shake their heads. It should get the same shitty attendance it would any other checkatrade fixture. Anyone that turns up and kicks off is also a monumental knobhead.

I hope you do play a reasonably strong team as it would be a good challenge for our youth team. I and everyone else should expect you to win comfortably and when you do i wont be in the slightest bit arsed.
Swindon Oxford played each other in this comp a few years ago if I remember, (@Swindon On Tour ) and only a few thousand turned up, and I don't think they count it as a proper Derby game and this was their first teams, no u23's. Its a shit comp and should be derived by all.
I'll go to Wembley mind, if we get there.

Swindon Oxford played each other in this comp a few years ago if I remember, (@Swindon On Tour ) and only a few thousand turned up, and I don't think they count it as a proper Derby game and this was their first teams, no u23's. Its a shit comp and should be derived by all.
I'll go to Wembley mind, if we get there.

Absolutely detest the competition and only went because it was Oxford.
Swindon won on pens.
Should scrap it.

People who weren’t prepared to go to the £3 games now fuming because this one isnt £3 :rolleyes:

That seems to be where we are at. I have been to all 4 Checkatrade games thus far including the Morecambe away game and I have absolutely no issue with the ticket prices for this game. Neither it seems do two of our group who have not been to any of the previous games but are all over this one.

The bottom line is we are where we are here. We entered the competition and so did their U21's and we end up playing them. Its pointless moaning about it as its going to happen regardless. Lets just make sure we win, make a few quid and we can then drop the tickets back down to £3 for the quarter final and the semi final in front of the hardcore while the rest go back to their armchairs and moan about the competition on here.

PS - Nobody moaning on here will whinge when the final tickets set by the EFL are £40 or £50. They will be all over it like a rash and bragging about which expensive London hotel they have booked.

Especially when many of theirs no longer go but keep their loyalty advantage by selling on the tickets. Ours is far fairer.

Last edited:
That seems to be where we are at. I have been to all 4 Checkatrade games thus far including the Morecambe away game and I have absolutely no issue with the ticket prices for this game. Neither it seems do two of our group who have not been to any of the previous games but are all over this one.

The bottom line is we are where we are here. We entered the competition and so did their U21's and we end up playing them. Its pointless moaning about it as its going to happen regardless. Lets just make sure we win, make a few quid and we can then drop the tickets back down to £3 for the quarter final and the semi final in front of the hardcore while the rest go back to their armchairs and moan about the competition on here.

PS - Nobody moaning on here will whinge when the final tickets set by the EFL are £40 or £50. They will be all over it like a rash and bragging about which expensive London hotel they have booked.

Especially when many of theirs no longer go but keep their loyalty advantage by selling on the tickets. Ours is far fairer.

Great point!
And your right if you get to final everyone will want to go!
To me it’s an unnecessary tournament especially for Sunderland given the season is a 46 game slog!

This tournament is a load of shite tbh, but if SAFC get to Wembley of course I'll go.

Your biggest game of the season,you know it,i know it,sit back and enjoy what a proper away section sounds like!

Back